Chapter 31

Rose slowly stirs awake the next night, her body heavy and her mind foggy. The room around her is unfamiliar, and for a moment, she doesn't know where she is. The only thing she can focus on is the familiar craving—an overwhelming need for Bakugo's energy. It pulses inside her like a drug, pulling her from the haze of unconsciousness.

Her body feels like it's moving on its own, her mind too groggy to catch up. "I need it," she thinks, her heart pounding in her chest. "I need him." Without fully processing what's happening, she swings her legs over the side of the bed and stands, her body aching from the strain of overusing her quirk.

Still on autopilot, she stumbles out of the room and into the hallway. Her steps are slow, heavy, but driven by an instinct she can't fight. Her hand trails along the wall as she moves through Todoroki's hideout, following the pull toward Bakugo's energy like a lifeline.

Her vision is still blurry, her mind not fully awake, but she can feel him—Bakugo, somewhere close. "Just a little more," she thinks, the craving growing stronger with each step. "I need to feel it again."

As Rose enters the common area, she sees the group gathered around. Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero are sitting on the couches, talking quietly, while Bakugo stands nearby, his back turned to her as he looks over something on the table. The moment she sees him, the craving sharpens, and her body moves on its own.

Kirishima is the first to notice her standing in the doorway, looking groggy and out of sorts. He sits up straighter, his eyes widening. "Rose?"

Before anyone can say anything else, she crosses the room, her feet dragging slightly but her movements determined. She doesn't say a word—just reaches out and grabs Bakugo's hand.

Bakugo stiffens, turning to face her just as her hand wraps around his. His eyes widen slightly, and for a moment, he's too stunned to move. "Rose?"

But Rose doesn't respond. Her other hand comes up, her fingers brushing against his face as she draws closer, her body craving the energy only he can give her. Her thumb gently grazes his cheek, and she can feel the familiar warmth of his power humming beneath his skin.

The rest of the group watches in stunned silence, their eyes wide as she practically clings to Bakugo. Kaminari's jaw drops. "Uh... what's happening right now?"

Sero responds quietly, "I have no idea, but I think we should stay out of it."

Rose doesn't speak as she draws Bakugo's energy into herself, the familiar rush flooding her system and easing the ache in her body. Her eyes flutter closed, her hand still resting on his cheek as she takes in just enough to steady herself.

Bakugo's heart races, his body stiffening as her touch sends a strange thrill through him. He doesn't pull away—if anything, he lets her take what she needs, his eyes narrowing as he watches her, trying to make sense of what's happening. "She's... she craves it," he thinks, his chest tightening. "Is it just the energy, or is it something more?"

The group is too shocked to say anything, watching in silence as she continues to cling to Bakugo. Even Kirishima, usually the one to break the tension, stays quiet, unsure of what to make of the moment.

As the energy transfer begins to wane, Rose slowly pulls her hand back, blinking as the fog in her mind starts to lift. She steps back from Bakugo, her brow furrowing in confusion as she finally takes in her surroundings.

"Where am I?" she thinks, her heart still racing from the energy rush. Her eyes scan the room, and for the first time, she realizes that she's somewhere new—somewhere unfamiliar. She turns to Bakugo, her voice groggy. "What... what happened? Where are we?"

Bakugo's expression hardens, his voice gruff but calm. "We had to leave the hideout. You passed out after the raid. We're at Todoroki's place."

Her eyes widen slightly as the memories from the night before start to come back. The mission. The raid. The escape. She frowns, glancing around at the group, who are still watching her with wide eyes.

She speaks quietly, "Todoroki's?"

Kirishima nods, "Yeah. We didn't have anywhere else to go. Bakugo thought this was the safest option."

Rose glances at Bakugo, her chest tightening. "He carried me here," she realizes, a strange mix of emotions swirling inside her. "He didn't leave me behind."

The group continued to watch the exchange; their curiosity piqued but their questions left unspoken. It's clear that something is happening between the two—something deeper than just a simple team dynamic—but no one is brave enough to address it yet.

Kaminari exchanges a glance with Kirishima, his voice low. "Did you see that? She just grabbed him like... like she needed him."

Kirishima nods, "Yeah... I saw. But Bakugo didn't stop her."

Sero grins, "There'sdefinitely something going on there."