Chapter 390 - Returning the Goods

Ye Yun only started to feel better the next morning. As she moved slightly, she heard hurried footsteps.

To her surprise, it was Ning Chen who lifted the curtain.

"Are you feeling more comfortable? The imperial physician is waiting outside. I'll have him come in to check on you," he said, his face full of concern and care, his tone incredibly gentle, as if he were afraid that a harsh word would startle her.

"I'm not feeling uncomfortable anymore," Ye Yun said with a slight smile.

Meeting his gaze filled with concern warmed her heart.

"But it would be better to have Huiyue and the others come in to help me wash up and change first. It wouldn't be good to see the physician looking like this, with my hair all messy," Ye Yun said softly.

Saying this, she turned and pressed her face against Ning Chen's palm, like a little cat.

"Alright, I'll have them come in," Ning Chen said, his heart softening.

He gently caressed her face before getting up to call for help.

Huiyue and Nan Zhi had prepared everything early in the morning. They came in and swiftly washed her face, helped her change clothes, and styled her hair simply. After all, she was to rest in bed and didn't need any elaborate styling.

About half an hour later, Shen Pingzi arrived, carrying a medicine box. After greeting her, he took her pulse.

"Your Highness, please rest assured. The fetal energy has stabilized. Fortunately, your body is in good shape, and you've been well-nourished. I'll prescribe some medicine to calm the fetus. Just take it regularly each day.

However, as for the bruises from your fall, you can't use medicine on them. Treatments for bruising will have a blood-activating and stasis-eliminating effect, so you must avoid those at all costs."

Ning Chen, standing by, sighed in relief after hearing Shen Pingzi's words but then furrowed his brows.

"But she has delicate skin, and even a minor bump can leave a bruise. With such a heavy fall, if she doesn't use any ointment, won't it take much longer to heal?"

He had often noticed bruises on Ye Yun's calves whenever she accidentally bumped into something, and they usually took four to five days to fade.

"If Your Majesty is concerned, I can return and prepare an ointment specifically for her. However, it won't contain any blood-activating ingredients, so its efficacy will be significantly slower," Shen Pingzi replied.

"Alright," Ning Chen nodded, then added, "You must not forget that she is sensitive to pain. We should make her as comfortable as possible."

Ye Yun suddenly blushed at his words.

Well, he said everything openly, not treating anyone as an outsider, making her sound like a child.

Indeed, after Ning Chen spoke, from Imperial Physician Shen to the attendants, everyone lowered their heads and smiled.

Ning Chen didn't notice this and continued to ask Shen Pingzi if honey could be added to the calming medicine or if it could be paired with candied fruit, since Ye Yun had always been afraid of bitterness and disliked taking medicine.

This made Ye Yun's heart feel warm, though she also felt quite embarrassed.

After Imperial Physician Shen left, Ning Chen sat down again.

He sat by the bedside, holding Ye Yun's hand.

"I was thinking of setting up a small kitchen just for you. Although you have one here, it's usually not in use. You still eat from the imperial kitchen. Now I'll assign a chef to serve only you, separate from the others in the harem, which will also be safer."