Chapter 398 - Putting on Shoes

Everything was arranged properly, and they set off the next day.

Due to Ye Yun's pregnancy, she specifically instructed the convoy to go slower and more gently.

The carriage she rode was chosen for its gentle temperament, and the interior was soft and spacious.

Fearing that she might get hungry on the way, all sorts of snacks and tea were prepared.

Because they slowed down considerably, the usual journey to Lingxi Garden, which should take about half an hour before lunch, took an hour longer today.

However, they all had food with them, so no one went hungry.

It did, however, inevitably cause some dissatisfaction among others.

For the sake of one pregnant woman, the entire convoy had to slow down.

Upon arriving at Lingxi Garden, Ye Yun did not get out of the carriage but had it taken directly to her residence.

This year, she was staying at a place called Furong Palace.

This place was even larger than Zhaochun Pavilion in the palace, spacious and luxurious, one of the best residences in Lingxi Garden.

It was also much closer to Ning Chen's Jingqian Palace.

The residences of other consorts had not changed.

The princes who came along had been separated into their own quarters on the south side of Lingxi Garden, each having a small courtyard, which was somewhat more spacious than the palace.

Lingxi Garden was large, and with so few masters, there was no shortage of living space.

After lunch, the Fourth Prince and Nian Gao were overly excited.

Coincidentally, Furong Palace was adjacent to a clear pond. Although the lotus flowers were not blooming in March, the willows along the pond were beautiful.

The Fourth Prince wanted to go out and play, and Ye Yun agreed.

A child and a dog, along with a group of servants, went out to have fun.

Ye Yun couldn't walk much. Despite the soft padding in the carriage, the roads were not as smooth as modern paved ones, so it was still somewhat bumpy and tiring to sit.

"Help me sleep for a while. You all go check if the delivery room is arranged properly," she said.

"Yes, the bed has been made. Rest for a while, and you will feel better," Hui Yue replied.

While the masters were having their meal, they had already laid out everything brought from the palace.

It was safer for a pregnant woman to use her own things

After making sure Ye Yun was lying down, Hui Yue and Nan Zhi began to discuss.

"Now that we are all here, we need to be especially careful since the mistress is having twins. With more people, everything must be checked thoroughly; nothing can be overlooked. Even the items we brought from the palace need to be inspected again before use."

Nan Zhi nodded, "That's right. Last time, there was a plot by that Xie Shi, and the mistress nearly faced a mishap. This time, we can't let her give birth prematurely. I think we should call for Imperial Physician Shen to check this room as well."

This opinion was naturally agreed upon, and the two maids went their separate ways.

During the hour that Ye Yun rested, Hui Yue and Nan Zhi arranged everything meticulously.