The Redhead

Jordyn POV:

We had so much fun at the park! We had a picnic and played with a frisbee, such a great night with great people. They had to go to their show so I went back to my room. I was practicing the seize the day dance when I got a text on my phone.

Parker: So tell me more about this Ben guy!

Me: He's just a friend, I promise. He's been showing me around and helping me out.

Parker: Are there any guys that have flirted with you?

Me: Parker stop! I don't need you protecting me.

Parker: Just looking out for my little sis

Me: You are only one minute older than me!

Parker: Still older, taller, and smarter.

Me: Oh please, I am way smarter than you. And more successful! I'm on a touring broadway show!

Parker: And I am the captain of the varsity lacrosse team...yeah yours is bigger.

Me: What time are you guys leaving tomorrow?

Parker: I'm not sure, hopefully not early. I hate waking up before lunch time.

Me: Knowing dad, you will be leaving pretty early. So you should probably go to sleep.

Parker: Ugh, fine. I will text you tomorrow J. Night, love you.

Me: Love you too blue, text you tomorrow.

I looked at the clock, it was 11:30 now. I decided to call it a night. I went to put on my pajamas. I always wear an oversized t-shirt an booty shorts to bed. I threw my long brown hair into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. I went to get into my bed when there was a knock at the door. I went over and answered it. It was Sky.

"Oh hey Sky! Um excuse my outfit I just got into my pajamas" I said. Wow, this is embarrassing. 

"Oh no it's fine!" He replied back.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Um funny story. I forgot the key to my room and none of the other newsies are back at the hotel. Mind  if I stay in here with you for a little bit?" he asked.

"Of course! Come on in!" I said. He came in and sat down on the chair at the table. I sat down on my bed. "So, how was the show tonight?"

"Great! Another night living the dream!" he replied.

"So do you know where your room key is?"

"Um I think its next to the tv in my room. I called my room mate but he didn't answer. Sorry for invading your night."

"It's ok, I was just going to go to sleep. But how about instead we watch a movie!" I suggested.

"Sounds great!" he replied. The room only had one bed in it, a table, a chair, a tv, and the bathroom and closet. The table was right next to the tv so he probably couldn't even see it.

"Um do you wanna sit on the bed so you can see the tv?" I asked.  I mean, I guess there isn't anything wrong with it since we are all a family. It's like my older brother Luke sitting on the bed with me. Right? He got up from the table and sat down on the bed next to me. I started the movie.

"So, how was your first rehearsal today?" he asked.

"Fun! Lucky for me I pick up dancers really quickly!" I responded.

"When you joined us to do the whole dance you were really amazing! I was surprised at how perfect you did the dances considering you just learned them!"

"Aw thanks! I have another rehearsal tomorrow and then I debut the next day!"

"What's your call time for rehearsal?"

"11 and then I end at 3."

"That's not too bad. And then the next day at dress rehearsal you join us for a whole show run through right?"

"Yep! And then I debut! I'm excited!"

We watched the movie and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning. The first thing I saw was the clock, 9:57. Good, I have time to get ready before rehearsal. I noticed the tv was still on, I must have fallen asleep during the movie. I started to sit up when I felt a hand on me. I sat up the rest of the way and looked next to me. Fuck, Sky was lying in my bed with me. He must have fallen asleep during the movie too. Ok, this looks bad. Really bad. What happened last night? Ok, Sky was locked out of his room, he came in here, we talked and watched a movie and then I fell asleep. That means nothing bad happens. Good. I looked over adn Sky opened his eyes. His eyes widened, realizing where he was. He sat up too.

"What happened last night?" He asked.

"Nothing, we just fell asleep watching the movie." I answered.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean for this to happen." He said.

"It's fine Sky. As I said, nothing happened.  I got up and grabbed my phone off the table. I looked all the texts I missed.

Parker: Ugh, why am I up? Its 7 in the morning. Kill me.

Parker: Are you up yet?

Parker: GET UP YOU LAZY BUM! Well we are on our way to see you, can't wait!

I also had a text from Ben.

Ben: Good luck at rehearsal today! Want to hang out after?

Me: My family is coming into town today and I am taking them to an early dinner before we go to the show! But, you can join us! I'm sure my family would love to meet you!

I decided I should probably text Parker back too before he sends me 1000 texts.

Me: Sorry bro, just woke up. Can't wait to see you!

He answered really quickly. He's probably bored in the car.

Parker: Wow, it's not like you to sleep late. Were you up late last night?

Me: Yeah, I was watching a movie. Hey, is it ok if Ben joins us for dinner tonight?

Parker: ARE YOU DATING HIM!?!

Me: NO!!! He's just a friend. I told you everyone here is my family, it would be like me dating you.

Parker: Ew, why would you even say that?

Me: Just trying to get you to understand. So can he come?

Parker: Fine, but don't expect me to take it easy on him.

I put down my phone and looked at Sky.

"My room mate is wondering where I am, what should I say?" Sky asked.

"Just tell him you fell asleep here!" I suggested.

"I can't say that, we will be the talk of the Newsies!"

"Then say you stayed the night with a friend who is staying near here."

"What if he asks for more details?" 

"Then just make something up!"

"I better head back to my room, thanks for letting me crash here. See you at the show tonight!" Sky said.

"No problem, see ya!" As he got up and left I noticed how cute he is, all the newsies are so cute. And I get to be surrounded by them every night! What a dream! I just can't let anyone hear about me and Sky's little sleepover...people will assume things. I heard my phone ding and I looked at my text.

Ben: Sure! Would love to meet your family! 

Me: Meet me in the hotel lobby at 4!

Ben is starting to become like an actual brother to me, its great! Now, to rehearsal!