The Accident

Jordyn POV:

I can't breathe, I feel like I'm going to pass out. This can't actually be happening, it can't. I had my head on Bens chest and he was holding me tighter than he ever had. My vision was blurred from all the tears. I could tell everyone on the bus was looking at me, but I didn't care. I could hear Bens voice.

"She just needs some space, just let her be." He said. I sat up and wiped the tears away from my eyes. Everybody had moved to the front of the bus to give me some privacy.

"I have to call my dad, I need to talk to him." I cried, trying to grab my phone.

"Jordyn, we are gonna be at the airport in like 5 minutes. Wait until we get there and get off this bus so you can have some privacy." He said, grabbing my phone. I buried my head into his chest and cried some more. There was no way this could actually be happening. This has to be a dream. We finally arrived at the airport and I ran off the bus, Ben following right behind me. He handed me my phone when we got off the bus and I quickly dialed my dad.

"DAD WHAT IS HAPPENING" I screamed into the phone.

"Jordyn you need to breathe and calm down." He replied. Ben walked up and put his arm around me.

"DAD TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON!" I yelled.

"Parker was in the car driving Timmy to get ice cream last night when another car hit him. He is in the emergency room in critical condition. Timmy only ended up with a broken leg but Parker got hurt real bad. Jordyn, they don't know if he's gonna make it." I could feel my throat tighten up and it was hard to breathe.

"This can't be happening. I have to come see him." I replied.

"Jordyn, he looks terrible. He's unresponsive and a mess, I don't want you to see him like this Jor."

"Dad I am coming to see him and you are not stopping me! He is my twin, I can't live without him Dad. I have to see him." I said through tears. "I am getting on the next flight out there." I quickly hung up before he could protest.

"Jordyn I'm going with you." Ben said. I wiped the tears out of my eyes and grabbed him in a hug.

"You don't need to come Ben, I will be fine."

"No I'm coming with you. I'm not letting you go alone. We will get on the next plane out there and go. You aren't stopping me." He told me. We worked it out with the Newsies team and the airport so that we were able to get on the next plane to my hometown and get a couple of days off. Before I left all the Newsies gave me a hug good-bye. The last person to say good-bye was Vincent. He ran up and gave me the biggest hug ever. He motioned for me to lean down towards him and he whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry Jordyn, everythings going to be ok." He whispered, then kissed my cheek. I grabbed him into a big hug and started crying again. Once we were on our flight, I could not stop my legs from shaking. I was cuddled up to Ben, shaking.

"What if he doesn't make it Ben?" I nervously asked.

"Don't think like that Jo. Your brother is strong." He assured me.

"I can't live without him." I said.

"I know." My head on his shoulder, he started twirling a loose strand of my hair around his fingers. I closed my eyes and prayed for my brother, praying that he would survive and not die. I was so tired, I wanted to sleep. But I couldn't, I was too worried. Ben put a movie on his phone and we watched it until the plane landed. We got our luggage and then quickly got a cab and went straight to the hospital. I ran into the emergency room and went straight to the front desk.

"I need to see Parker Lively now! What room is he in?" I practically screamed frantically.

"Mam please calm down, what was his name again?" The lady asked. Ben grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Parker Lively." Ben told her. She pulled up his information.

"I'm sorry only family is allowed to visit him." The lady replied.

"Im his twin, Jordyn Lively. And this is Ben, he is a part of our family too." I told her.

"Ok, he is in room 213 down the hall and to the right." The lady said. I turned and practically sprinted down the hallway to his room. Turning into his room, I saw my father sitting on the chair.

"Jordyn, I didn't know you were here already! I could've picked you up at the airport!" My dad exclaimed.

"Its fine Dad, I'm here. And Ben came with me." I turned to Parker who was lying on the hospital bed. His face was all cut up and he had a bunch of tubes in him. I immediately started crying. Ben wrapped me in a hug and I buried my face in his chest.

"This is why I didn't want you to come Jor, I didn't want you to see him like this." My dad exclaimed. I let go of Ben and walked over to my brother. I grabbed his hand in mine and looked at it, still bloody from the accident.

"Parker, I'm here. Everything is going to be ok. I love you Blue, always and forever." My tears dropped down onto Parkers hand. Ben came and stood right next to me. "What have the doctors said?"

"They say he lost a lot of blood. His face smashed into the window. They are doing everything they can Jor." My dad replied.

"There has to be more we can do!" I screamed.

"Jordyn, all we can do it wait. They cant do anything else." My dad told me. I turned to Parker, I've never seen him like this. He was always the strong one protecting me. Me and Ben pulled up chairs next to his bed and I didn't let go of Parkers hand.

"Jo, you doing ok?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, I just don't want him to die." I replied. It was 2 o clock in the afternoon now and I still hadn't left his side. My father brought me and Ben lunch. I was holding Parkers hand when I suddenly felt him squeeze my hand.

"Parker! Parker can you hear me? Please talk to me, Parker are you awake?" I asked quickly. He had been breathing and his heart had been beating but he hadn't moved or talked. "Dad he squeezed my hand! He's awake, I know it!" My dad looked at me in disbelief. "Come on Blue, please wake up. I don't wanna lose you." I know he squeezed my hand, why doesn't anyone believe me?

"Maybe he will open his eyes soon then." Ben said, giving me hope. I looked at Ben, how can he always make everything better. "Jordyn look!" I turned to Parker and burst into tears.