1 year

Josh POV:

My eyes opened and the room was dark. I looked at my phone, great it's only 6 in the morning. I saw a light and I turned to see Ben sitting up in his bed on his phone.

"Ben what are you doing?" I whispered, careful not to wake Sky or Parker.

"Oh hey Josh. I was having some trouble sleeping." Ben whispered.

"Another nightmare?" I asked.

"Yeah. So i just stayed awake. Didnt wanna go back to sleep." Ben answered.

"Did Jordyn die again?" I asked.

"No, it was...somebody else." Ben said.

"Who? Emma?" I asked.

"No and do not even suggest that." Ben said.

"The who was it?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter. Why don't you go back to sleep, it's early in the morning." Ben said.

"No, it's fine. I'm awake." I said. "Why don't we go down to the lobby so we don't wake anybody else up."

"Josh really it's fine, go back to sleep." Ben said. I walked over and picked him up out of his bed.

"Josh what are you-" Ben started.

"SHHHHH!" I said. When we got into the hallway I set Ben down.  "So tell me what happened in your dream."

"Josh I really don't want to talk about it." Ben said on the way down the elevator.

"Ok fine. But I'm here to talk if you need to." I said.

"I know." Ben replied. The doors opened and we grabbed some coffee from the hotel lobby.

"So it's your one year with Jordyn, what are you guys going to do?" I asked.

"Well I got her these diamond earrings and-" Ben started.

"Ok you must be getting payed more than me, how on earth do you afford all these expensive things for her." I said.

"You didn't let me finish! And then I'm taking her to dinner." Ben said. I waited for him to say more but there was just silence.

"And?" I asked.

"That's it." Ben smiled.

"That's it? One year and the best you can do is dinner and earrings?" I asked.

"Expensive earrings!!" Ben defensed himself.

"Oh my gosh you are so lucky I'm here. Ok so you guys have a private surf class, then you are going whale watching, then you go to dinner than starlit hui." I said.

"Wait what?" Ben asked.

"We figured you would be slacking so we arranged some stuff. You are welcome." I said.

"Thanks dude. I couldn't survive without you." Ben laughed.

"I know." I smiled and grab him in a hug.

"When do Parker and Emma leave?" Josh asked.

"This afternoon. It feels like they just got here yesterday.

Jordyn POV:

"Ben this was an amazing night! I can't believe you planned all this!" I smiled.

"Ok I can't take credit for all of it. The guys planned most of it." Ben said.

"I figured." I laughed.

"But I can take credit for this." Ben smirked. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He handed me the little black box.