7. Ultron Part 2: Oh Dear, an Ugly Cyborg under edit

(Y/n) woke up, strapped to a bed in a white room. Her hair was messed up, and her throat was parched. She stretched her head up, and dread filled her when she realized she was in a medical gown. 

To her right, propped on metal hooks, was Loki's sceptre, the stone in it shining blue. 

HYDRA got the sceptre after all, and her too. Who knows how long she's been out of it. 

(Y/n) tried to move her hands, but a sharp pain over her shoulder made her stop and hiss. Right, she had been shot. The ache had spread through both her arms, a heavy, throbbing that made her head swim.

The door to the room swung open, and a man in a white coat strutted in. He smiled down at her, his monocle reflecting light. "And hello, Miss (Y/n). I hope you are feeling comfortable. No? Good."

(Y/n) glared at him. "You're going to regret capturing me. Whoever you are."

The doctor's brows raised. "Baron Strucker. My men brought you here, which I really didn't approve of, seeing as you're very close to the Avengers. But then I realized-" and his expression mocked awe. "-I needed more test subjects anyway, and I wouldn't care whether you lived or died. Either way, the Avengers would be here in a matter of time."

(Y/n)'s mind was a little foggy trying to keep up. "Test subject? For what?"

Baron Strucker observed her for a moment. "So you don't remember the trials? The injections?"

What inject-

Then she realizes why her arms were aching. Her forearms were riddled with tiny holes. 

What did they do to her?

"What did you do to me, you bald ugly cyborg?" She snapped, struggling against the straps. "The moment I get out of her, I'm going to break your neck like a goddamn glowstick."

Baron Strucker grunted. "To answer your question, we don't know what you are anymore. When we acquired the sceptre and realized it could enhance beings, many didn't survive the transition. You did. Along with two others."

Strucker paused. "I'm not bald, am I? Because I know I have hair on my head, but why the cyborg?"

(Y/n) ignored him. They tested on her. She had alien stuff in her. 

"How long have I been here?" She whispered.

"A month." Was the only reply and he walked out.

(Y/n) gaped. The Avengers might assume she was dead. 

She had to escape, now or never. 

If she found Strucker on the way out, he's going to fucking die.

She didn't realize that by the time her anger towards HYDRA reached its peak, she was sitting straight, free from all the bonds.

"What the-?"

The straps that held (Y/n) down were shredded and scorched. From her palms, a purple glow was being emitted.

She was enhanced. With this purple... thing.

This was her way out. (Y/n) could hear people talking from outside. Quietly, she went to the door and opened it. 

No one was there in the vast hallways, yet she could hear people talking.

"Where is this sound coming from?" (Y/n) asked, glancing around quickly. The voices did not respond, so she figured that they were far away. 

But the mystery was - how could she hear from such a range?

(Y/n) could smell something as well. People. She could smell peoples' scents. It was overwhelming.