51) The Game Is On

The male Avengers were eating breakfast together in the kitchen.

Simple as that. 

The female Avengers—Natasha, Wanda, and (Y/n), weren't.

Simple as that.

Natasha was the first to walk to the adjoining kitchen, smirking as she saw the men look at her curiously.

Bruce raised an eyebrow. "I-is that my pair of purple Hulk pants?"

"Yes." She replied as she served herself some pancakes from the stack that Steve had made. The pants were extremely loose on her, and a belt had been stretched over her hips to hold it up.

"Uh, okay..." Bruce shared a glance with Steve, who just shrugged and doused his pancakes in syrup.

Wanda entered, earphones in her ears as she slid through the air with her powers, a cape flying behind her. "Hey there, Delilah!" She sang out.

When she opened her eyes, everyone was staring. Vision eyed her carefully. It seemed like she was doing the he same as if to gauge his reaction. He hesitated. "I suppose that's my cape?"

Wanda nodded with the tiniest, slyest of smirks. Bruce, who had been absolutely slathering his pancakes with Nutella spread (Thor insisted he needed a better diet than Nutella, to which Bruce's eyes actually turned green and he snarled, no one bothered to trouble Bruce anymore), sent Vision a look as if to say, I know what it feels like.

The men were starting to feel uncomfortable. They knew that the women would occasionally wear their clothes, but something was off today. Their attitude while wearing the clothes seemed almost... powerful in their wake.

Wanda spotted Natasha wearing Hulk pants. She frowned and walked over to grab some breakfast, too.

For some reason, Loki was on edge. Watching those two women strut in wearing their significant other's/favorite person's items struck him as the pattern. Which meant only one thing.

And then (Y/n) came in. Casually. Quietly. Normally.

Except for the helmet on her head.

Loki's brows rose, his nostrils flaring. "I told you never to touch my helmet."

He didn't expect her expression to be taken aback, almost hurt. Slowly, her hands took off the helmet and with a red face, placed it in front of Loki. With a whispered apology, she went to grab a plate when something caught her arm. Honestly, she had thought he would be proud to see her in his helmet, but she felt silly.
Loki had promised himself that he would never hurt her. It was ridiculous of him to be so possessive of his helmet anyway. Not like he couldn't zap up another one. Tugging her closer to him, (Y/n) watched with wide eyes as he brushed away the hair from her face and then shoved the helmet in her hands.

He avoided her growing grin and murmured, "If I look at you, I'd feel obligated to give you Asgard."

Her lips pressed against his cheek happily and he couldn't help the smile tugging on his lips. She pulled on the helmet, and then wound her arms around his neck. Loki's heart hammered in his chest when she leaned in and captured his lips in a kiss, her hands doing wonders in coaxing out a groan when she tugged on his hair. His hands Fenton cupped her cheeks to deepen the kiss when a cough made them pull apart.

"If you're going to make out with my sister in front of me," Clint drawled, "you'd be wise to keep awake all night."

"Noted," Loki mumbled against her lips, gazing at her (e/c) eyes dreamily. But then she pulled away and he was left with a craving for more of her. He pouted. "Tease."