47. Easter's Day

"This looks rather interesting. Don't you think, Steve?" Clint asked as he skimmed through a column in the newspaper.

"What?" Steve huffed. He landed a solid blow.

Clint was sweating. He was taking a break after a sparring session with the Captain. It wasn't the best idea, but it was challenging enough.
The only way Clint had won was by manipulating Steve emotionally. Again, it wasn't the best call, but they had set standards, and Clint hadn't disregarded them.
Steve, instead, settled for picturing Clint's face on the punching bag, as he continued pummeling it.

He read out. "It's Easter time, and there are like a bunch of activities to do for it. Easter egg hunting, scavenger hunts, all sorts of stuff!"

Steve paused, breathing heavily. "Well, what's your point then? The Avengers go dressed up as bunnies?"

Clint was about to say yes when Steve shot him a flat look. "It wasn't a suggestion, Barton. Loki would prefer celebrating by turning himself into a crocodile."

Barton chuckled. "Trust me, I would pay big money to see Loki in a bunny costume. But we have no plans for Easter so far. Maybe we should do something with the gang."

Steve exhaled and sent the bag a strong kick. "Funny how our lives now revolve around the Avengers only. It started out as a job."

"With a group like us, we're like family. It's hard to separate them."

"Can't agree or disagree."

Bucky then walked in, and started wrapping up his hands. "What's up with you? You seem very serious."

"Just discussing what to do for tomorrow's Easter." Clint muttered. "Come here and check it out."

Bucky walked to Clint and grabbed the newspaper, reading out loud. "Volunteers needed for unprivileged cancer children?"

"No! The other part."

"Easter games?"

"Yes."

Bucky paused and read that column. He chucked the paper back to Clint. "I'd rather go for the volunteer thing if I wasn't known as an assassin by the world."

Steve gave him a disapproving look.

And then (Y/n) and Loki walked in, talking about how hospitals work. She had to meet with a physician because of lower back pain, which Loki seemed to find unnecessary because he could've healed her.

They looked at the three men in the gym. (Y/n) tilted her head.  "Do I need to ask why Clint is perching on Bucky's arm like a bird?"

Bucky was shaking his metal arm to get Clint off. He held on tightly. Bucky yanked him off and pushed him to the floor.

"Easter plans." He responded. "Catch!"

He flung the paper at (Y/n) which she caught deftly and read out loud. "Volunteers needed for unprivileged cancer children?"

"You too?" Clint asked in a flat tone.

"It's actually pretty thoughtful of you, Clint." (Y/n) said. She didn't notice his sarcastic tone.

Clint had wanted to correct her, and so did the other men. But when they saw her eagernees, they couldn't bring themselves to it.

"Could we go?" Wanda asked suddenly.

No one had any idea where she even popped up from, and they all startled at her appearance. Pietro zoomed in after her.
One by one, all the Avengers assembled in the gym.