chapter 1

My name is Hannah. I'm 16 years old and I'm a shape-shifter. When I shift, my fur is white and my eyes are brown. When I'm in my human form, I have red hair and brown eyes. I also have the three bestest friends in the world. Their names are Tori, Kyla, David, and Tiffany. Two of my friends know of my secret. The other two don't know yet. I have been shifting since I was 10 years old. I live in a neighborhood surround by woods, but I have not seen another wolf like me,which makes me believe that there is no pack, so that makes me a lone wolf. My journey started after school when me and my friends were walking home.
"Hannah, are you going out tonight?" Kyla asked, jumping up and down. "Maybe, maybe not. Why do you ask, Kyla?" I asked, looking at her. "Ugh! Come on, Hannah. You promised. You promised to show us your wolf form for your sixteenth birthday. It was a week ago!" She said, turning and walking backwards so she could face me. "Ugh. Fine. I'll go on protrol tonight. Tori, do you want to come too?" I asked turning to face her "Weeeelll... is there any school tomorrow?" She asked "NO!" We said in unison "Okay, okay. But, only if I can stay the night and Kyla, you have to stay with me." She said to the both of us "Okay, fine." We said.
We got to my house about 10 minutes after the bus dropped us off. We walked in to see my mom talking to someone. When I looked to see who it was, I saw that it was Jake who happens to be a firefighter and My mom's best friend. "Yeah, you can use it. Like I said before, you can use the van anytime you need it, okay?" My mom said. "Okay, okay. I get it." Jake said. Then, both Jake and my mom turned and looked at us "Oh. Hi, girls." My mom greeted, standing up. "Hi mom. Hi Jake, how are you?" I asked, looking at Jake. He stood up and walked over to us. "Good. I was just asking for the key to the van, so I can go see my doctor,before I leave for the station" he said, grabbing the key behind Tori's head. "Oh, I see. Will I have to go, momma?" I asked "Yes, sweetheart. I would like for you to go." She said, hugging me. When she let go I asked "mamma can Tori and Kyla stay the night we have a project to work on for school" I said winking sending her the sign that was protroling tonight "yes they can now get going so he's not late" she said pushing me to the door. As I was walking out the door I looked at Tori and Kyla "what are you two going to do so I know we're to find you when I get back" I said "we'll I'm going to talk with Marcus and my mom" Tori said "and I'm going to call Tyler and play with 12 yer olds" she said walking away with Tori. "You ready" a voice said behind me. I didn't need to turn to know it was Jake. "Ya I good let go" I said getting in the car.
Jake started the car and headed down the road. As we were driving I thought I saw a wolf running in the woods but when I looked back it was gone. We got to the doctors office in Carroll county. We walked in and I could smell the werewolves it had in the front office. they all turned and look at me some starred a warning glare at me other just whiching. I didn't care I just acted like nothing was wrong. When me and Jake got in the van and he started to drive "Hannah who were those men the ones looking at you" he asked. I looked at him then out the window wondering how I should answer him.