Chapter 15

I was speechless. Why? Was all I could ask. Why? Why did he do that?

I soon realized I hadn't said anything on the phone, so I spoke up.

"Why?"

"Don't ask me fucking why, Anne." He paused to take a breath. "You are a hell of a singer and Juilliard would be so fucking stupid to reject an audition from you. You are so fucking talented and would be so amazing there."

He was breathing hard from his speak. I could tell through the phone.

"Harry-"

He cut me off.

"Anne, don't. Just don't speak. You'll ruin the moment." I could tell he was smiling.

I laughed. Then came the silence. Harry broke it.

"So, what are you going to do?"
"What do you mean?"

"What are your plans? When are you leaving and shit like that?"

"Today I'm just researching and getting the directions for NYC and Juilliard. Tomorrow I'm packing. Monday, I'll be going to my classes and working on a song for my audition and Tuesday, I'll be driving.

"You're driving, not flying?" He asked, in awe.

"Yes. 13-14 fucking long hours. It's going to be one hell of a ride."

He laughed. "I bet it will be."

He spoke again. "So, that's it? Just audition and wait?"

"I guess so."

"How long are you staying?"

"I don't really know yet. I'll decided when I'm there though."

He hummed in response.

I just kept thinking one thing the whole time through our conversation. It had been messing with my fucking mind while talking to him.

I want Harry to come with me to New York.

I wanted him to come with me and be there with me. I know he has always wanted to go there and also LA, but definitely New York.

He kind of helped me and I just wanted him to be there with me. I wanted him to see my audition and, I just wanted him to be there... With me.