Chapter 27

Soon after that, we were already in the car and I fell asleep. I woke up and it seemed we were getting closer and closer to New York.

I could feel my stomach have butterflies in it and I felt like I was floating. I was nervous.

I could tell Harry was so fucking tired. He had bags under his eyes and they looked lifeless. Dark, circles appeared under his eyes, and he looked terrible.

"Harry, you okay?"

I check up on him. He was quiet after our lunch. Very quiet. Too quiet.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He muttered.

I knew he wasn't okay. Something was bothering him and I knew it. I just didn't know what was bothering him and it was bugging the hell out of me.

We were definitely getting closer to NYC. It was pitch black outside and 9:05. I could feel it.

One question was on my mind the whole, entire time. Would I leave if I got in? Would I even be sad if I left Harry? Would I be heartbroken or careless? All of those things remain a mystery, but I want to know the answers.

If I get in, would I even go? I guess I'm happy at WKU, but could I be better? Could I move on from all this shit and everything and start a new, fresh life?

I don't know. It was that simple. I don't know, but I'm dying to know.

I looked out the window and noticed many lights. I looked back at Harry in confusion, and noticed he was smiling.

"Harry," I said, confused.

"Anne, We are here." He paused. Welcome to New York City."