Chapter 49

Lie. Lie. Lie. He couldn't know. He can't know.

"I thought about getting a tattoo." I muttered.

He was staring at me. Lips still pursued and his arms were still crossed. His face... Expressionless.

"Did you get one?" He asked, clearly.

"No, I didn't."

"Then why did you lie about it?"
"Lie about what?"

"Don't play fucking stupid, Anne. Why did you not say anything about going to the parlor?"

"Harry, I-" I couldn't say anything. "I don't know. I guess you would be mad or something."

"Why the hell would I be mad?" He said, harshly.

I shook my head. I can't lie to him.

I walked away from him and toward the stairs. I couldn't stand there and just lie to his face, even though I've done it before. I've done it so many times, but this was the hardest. And I don't know why.

"Anne, don't walk away from me. Why couldn't you tell me?" He growled, walking towards the stairs.

I walked into the closet and grabbed a pair of clothes. I had to leave. I couldn't stay with Harry right now and fight this through. I couldn't.

"Anne, why? You are hiding something or doing something. I need to know. I know a lot of things about you, but you don't open up much. Why?" He begged.
"You don't know many things about me, Harry." I walked to my bed, laying down the clothes.

"For Gods sake, why the hell didn't you tell me?" He said, walking towards me, running a hand through his hair.

I had enough. I was going to explode. He had to stop.

"Why-" he started, but I cut him off.

"Why didn't you tell me about that fucking party? Why didn't you tell me you went? Why did you kiss me the other day? That was such a big fucking mistake, and I shouldn't have either. Why?" I was breathless.

Harry was wide eyed, hands by his sides now. He walked towards me and I backed up.

He bit his lip and kept walking towards me until my back hit the wall. He surrounded me and I couldn't get out.

"Harry," I whimpered, looking away.

He put his hands on either side of my head on the wall. Then, he leaned in.

"Look at me, Anne." He said, softly.

I turned my head and was met with those fucking green orbs.

"You didn't ask where I went. All you had to do was ask me and not assume. That kiss, I don't fucking regret it at all. I've been wanting to do that for a while." He said, closing his eyes and opening them.

"We can't do this, Harry."

"Do what?"

"This." I motioned between our bodies. "It was just a kiss and it didn't mean anything. We can't- we just can't."

"You need to stop running aray from what you're scared of, and do what you want, Annie. Don't care about what other people think and don't hide from it." He paused, and licked his lips. "I know you want this. I know you want there to be an us."

I shook my head. "You're wrong." Then, I walked away from him.