Chapter 52

Another nightmare. It happened again, but worse.

But, I woke up to the same face shaking me. Harry.

He seemed to know what to do, but he didn't comfort me this time. He shook me awake, then turned on the car and drove. That was okay with me.

He continued to drive and I continued to count down the minutes. The shocking thing was how long I slept for. We left my house at 9:00 and I immediately fell asleep. I woke up at 6:00 at night.

The thing was Harry looked so fucking tired and I knew it was from driving. He had bags under his eyes and they were bloodshot.

"Harry," I tried to get his attention.

He turned his head to look at me for a split second, then turned his attention back on the road.

"Pull over, Harry. I'm going to drive." I said, quietly.

He clenched his jaw. "No, Anne.
I'm fine."

"Harry, I know you're tired. Just let me drive."

"No fucking way."

"Harry," I paused. "Please."

He turned his head to look at me. His eyes softened once they met mine, then be turned his attention back to the road.

I felt the car swerve and my body hit the side of the door.

"Sorry," Harry mumbled and pulled over.

He opened his car door and walked over to my side. I opened the door and walked over to the drivers seat.

As I got in, Harry spoke.

"Thank you," he mumbled, nuzzling into the seat.

"It wasn't that hard." I teased. He smiled.

I started the car and pulled back onto the road. 7:00. 4 more hours to go and I would be back home. I can do this.