Part Two: Chapter Eleven

Cliques. That's all I can describe this school as. But Jenna and I are different. We're floaters as they call them. We have no specific group. We're simply friends with who we want: the emos, the nerds, the jocks, the stoners, or the popular kids. But our biggest problem - Jenna and mine - is where to sit at lunch. 

"Oh my God!" Tara exclaims as we sit down, immediately bringing us into a round of gossiping; one of the very reasons that I would rather be around the stoners. Jenna, however, loves the feeling of knowing everyone's business. She puts up with being around the stoners when I need a breath of fresh air from the constant efforts of being "socially acceptable." Therefore, I put up with all of the gossiping and superficial actions that come from her world. "Did you hear that Amy hooked up Ezra over the weekend, even though she and Charlie are practically a thing? Like c'mon! How slutty can you g-Hey! Amy!" She exclaims as her best friend sits beside her. Doing my best not to roll my eyes, I smile at Amy as she sits down, oblivious to the conversation that was just being held.

Unable to deal with any more pointless drama, I simply put an ear bud in and try to drown out Tara's annoying voice.