Part Two: Chapter Twenty One

"Mum?" I inquire, knocking on her bathroom door. "Mum, are you in there?" Jiggling the knob, I can't help but notice that it is locked. She never locks the door. Ever. "Mum! Open up!" I shout, beginning to bang harshly. The faucet continues to run, as it has for the past ten minutes.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing in here?" My father questions, looking at my distressed state. Losing Gray has taken a toll on all of us in separate ways, yet my mother seems to have taken it the harshest. She's lost hope, but I refuse to.

"I think Mum has locked herself in there," I respond, shoving myself against the door in a harsh manner, listening as it rattles.

"Sweetheart?" My father calls, knocking as well. The door still doesn't move. Finding a wire as quickly as I can, I place them into the lock, flicking my wrists and hearing a pop. Immediately shoving the door open, I stop short at the sight in front of me. The only movement in the room is my father rushing forward.

Blood. That's the one word that I can use to describe what I see. There's blood everywhere. "Oh my God," I whisper, feeling my body shake as I go into shock. My knees give way underneath me and I collapse next to my mother's limp body. "Mum. Mum? Oh my god! Mum! Please!" I beg, crying and shaking, yet not caring that my clothes are all damp and stained with a deep red. "Dad," I state desperately, feeling her wrist for any sign of a pulse. "Dad, she doesn't have a pulse." Nearly dropping my phone, I call for the ambulance, holding my mother in my arms. "H-Hello. Yes, hi. My m-mother-" I sob out, unable to continue. My father takes the phone from my hands, his voice lacking his usual buoyant tone.

"My wife has just attempted suicide, and my daughter and I just found her on the floor." There is mumbling on the other end as my father's face stays blank. I'm unable to move my joints, frozen in place until I'm peeled away from my mother's limp body by the EMTs, knowing this is my last goodbye.