Part Two: Chapter Seventy Eight

"Not that one," Savannah states, pushing a sea foam green dress out of the way as she continues to look through my closet. "What about this?" She inquires, pulling out a little red dress.

"No, too fancy," I respond, looking at how formal it is. "It needs to be something casual. How the fuck does someone dress in something casual, but still look fucking cute?!"

"Awe, someone's really worried about tonight," Savannah coos, pinching my cheeks.

"Shut up," I laugh. "I just want to look good. This is the first date I've been on in three years, and I don't want to fuck it up."

"Fair enough," Savannah laughs. "What about this?" She holds up another dress. Shaking my head in distaste, I get up to look through my closet as well. Instead of going for a dress, I look at my pants.

"I feel like jeans are a safer bet. That way, I won't flash the guy," I note, pulling out a pair of medium wash distressed jeans. "These?"

"Yes!" Savannah exclaims, clapping her hands. "Now, what look are we going for tonight, Missy?"

"Well, we're ruling out everything Lilly Pulitzer and Vineyard Vines. Shit, I don't even know why I still have that stuff." I begin to ramble. "Fuck, okay, focus."

"You're so nervous. This is absolutely adorable. HANNAH!" Savannah yells, attempting to call attention to my cousin.

"She's at work right now," I respond. "She should be back any minute though." As if on cue, the door slams shut.

"Kat?"

"In my room with Savannah!" I call back. "How cold is it out?"

"Pretty cold actually," She answers, walking through the hallway to get to my room. "Getting ready for your date with Benn I see."

"Which ones?" I inquire, holding up two pairs of shoes.

"Black converse," The other two say together.

"Alright." Throwing a couple shirts and jackets onto a pile on my bed, Hannah smiles and begins to pull things from the pile.

"There!" She exclaims. "Just one final touch!" She goes into my closet and grabs a matching thong and bra. "There!"

"Really Han?" I inquire, laughing while holding the lingere in my hand.

"Really. Now go! I'll pick up while you change!" Walking into the bathroom, I put on everything Hannah has chosen, only re-entering my room once I have. She's picked a white shirt that is capped and has a skull cut out on the back. For a jacket, she layers a dark green flannel with a warm brown leather jacket.

Our spontaneous actions cease the moment someone knocks on my door three times.