Part Two: Chapter One Hundred Seven

My dear Bennett,

From the first day I met you, I knew you were something special. I love everything about you; the way your eyes smile as big as your mouth, and how you hop up and down as you're excited. I love the way that you look for random things to do to constantly fill time. Most of all, I love you. I'm in love with you. I can't imagine a life without you.

When I met you, I was just a sad girl who didn't know how to deal with all the sadness I had. But that night on the roof, you asked me my name. Before that day, only my family called me Kat. To everyone else, I was just Larkin. A bizarre name, I know, but it was simple and who I was. Yet Hannah (in her very drunken state) called me Kat. And I decided that I wasn't going to be Larkin anymore. I wasn't going to be sad and constantly grieving the loss of my family. Because even though I had just met you, you inspired me to be happy. And dear God, Benn, if it wasn't for you, I would have been dead within a month of arriving in LA.

You have always accepted me for everything that I was; an Australian with a thick accent, loud with my opinions, and sometimes so overwhelmed with everything that I could only just sit somewhere and stare at a ceiling. But when I would stare, you would stare with me. When I was loud, you would match me, and when I got drunk and my accent became very apparent, you'd laugh it off and pretend to be British.

I loved our first date. You were so nervous, and I made fun of you for at least a week after, because you kept expecting me to not be okay with something. I loved every moment of it. I love every moment that I ever spend with you. There is just something about you that makes me smile; that makes me want to be happy, if not for me, then for you.

I love all of your geeky quirks, and how you always seem to find a way to make a moment romantic and cheesy. I love how you would prefer to stay in and watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies then go out and go clubbing. I love how you put up with my obsession over football (shit, sorry, soccer). I love how you don't mind when I say something too Australian to manage, like saying two of our friends "had a root" instead of saying "had sex."

But I know that I'm just a girl with a dream, for who could love me the way you say you do. You are the kindest, most compassionate person I have ever met, and I do hope that one day you find someone that you love as much I love you. I wish you the best of luck in this world Benn, for it is cruel and very unforgiving.

Forever yours,

Kit Kat