Part Two: Chapter Twenty

"Larkin, you should really ease up on the pot," Jenna recommends, eyeing me as I take another hit. Shrugging nonchalantly, I continue. "Look, I know how you're feeling, but-"

"No you fucking don't!" I exclaim, looking at her as my bloodshot eyes fill with liquid. "My brother is gone! I didn't get to say goodbye. So don't you dare say that you know how I feel. My family is falling apart, and I can't do shit about it!" I yell, allowing the tears to slip down my eyes for the first time. Jenna's eyes widen, knowing how rare it is for me to talk about Gray, especially his disappearance. "I don't have anyone. So don't try and tell me that you know how I'm fucking feeling."

"You have me!" She retorts, obviously hurt by my statement.

"Bullshit!! The only thing that you care about anymore is who is hooking up with who, or how good your ass looks in a pair of jeans!" I shout.

"What about you, huh?" She retorts, spitting back at me. "You're always high, and I constantly see you scratching at your wrists through your sleeves! We all get that you're hurting but stop trying to draw attention to yourself! It's not like you're the only one who has problems anyways! Hell, you're pushing everyone away so it's no surprise that you feel alone! I don't even know why I'm still hanging around you anymore! You never wear the right brands of clothes to school, and you're just some depressed, washed up druggie!"

"Right." Nodding, I step on my spliff and begin walk away.

"Wait, Larkin," she calls. 

"Forget it," I grunt.