First birthday

April POV

I woke to a weird feeling.

I moved to the left side of the bed, and I felt nothing. I sat up, and saw I was the only one in the room.

I heard the crashes of pots and pans coming from downstairs.

"Kyungsoo.." I growled.

I went into the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. I took a quick shower, I put my hair up trying to prevent another pull or two from Adam. He's so curious about everything.

I put on my glasses, and went into Adam's nursery. I quietly walked in, and looked into his crib. He wasn't there.

I went downstairs, and found him sitting on the couch watching a kid's show.

I walked in, and he saw me.

He squealed, and clapped his hands.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday my baby boy, happy birthday to you." I smiled, and picked him up. He giggled, and smiled at me. He looked at me weird.

He grunted, and patted my head.

Did he really notice my hair was up?

"Wahh!"

He said, and started to whine.

"Okay, okay I'll put it down."

I pulled the hair tie, and let my hair fall down.

"April what did you do?" Kyungsoo asked.

I rolled my eyes, and I saw how Adam giggled and smiled. He babbling and making noises. But, I'm still waiting for that first word.

I walked into the kitchen, and saw how it wasn't clean anymore.

"A-apppa." Adam squealed.

"What? Did he just..?" Kyungsoo started

"Talk?" I finished.

"Apppa!" He squealed and reached towards Kyungsoo.

I stomped my foot.

"Adam!"

I handed Adam to Kyungsoo.

"Ada!"

"Adam." Kyungsoo corrected.

"Adammm~" he mumbles.

"Adam!" I cheered, I cup his small face and kissed his cheek. Kyungsoo was smiling his squishy smile.

"Adam said his first word!" Kyungsoo cheered and twirled around.

He laughed, and clapped his hands.

Later that day.

"Adam!" I heard how boys came and showered him with hugs. They all dragged in bags with different colors, filled with goodies for adam.

They all started singing happy birthday. I just watched from the kitchen, and finished making the cake.

"Kyungsoo?"

"Hmm~?"

"You do you want me to use fondant on this? It'll look neater that icing."

"Sure, but.. we don't have any." Kyungsoo said, and stood next to me.

"I'll go buy some, but I have to sneak out."

"Go, and hurry. Be careful." He said, and kissed my forehead.

"I will."

I ran to the crafts store, and got the different colored fondants.

I went back home, and finished the cake.

Skip to cakey time

"Happy birthday, to Adam~" they sang.

I stood next to sehun, and they all cheered in the end. Adam clapped, and hugged Kyungsoo tighter.

He blew out the candles, and Kyungsoo cut the cake. All the boys got in line, from oldest to youngest.

Sehun had a frown on his face, because he was the last one to get cake. Chanyeol was feeding adam, and I sat in the kitchen.

"He's growing up fast." Baekhyun said, as he walked into the kitchen to throw away his plate.

"To fast." I said.

I threw away my plate, and he helped me with the dishes.

The rest were playing with adam.

"Thanks again." Suho said.

"Any time." I answered, they all said there goodbyes and left.

I found adam asleep on his floor mat, I picked him up and put him to bed.

"Happy birthday, baby boy." I said, and stroked his little fragile arms.

I turned on his nightlight and closed the door leaving a crack. I walked downstairs, and I felt my arm dragging me back against the wall.

"So.." Kyungsoo said.

"Kyungsoo.. I'm tired." I said.

"Is it true?"

"What?"

"That day adam was born.. you said something."

"Of course I said something, I was talking."

"Is it true, that you fall for me over and over again?" He asked, leaving a blush brush over my face.