For Chelly (Dallas)

Chelly's POV
We walked into the department store and looked around.

I nudged Dally's arm. "The newspapers are over there. You think there's a good story?" I asked.

"Yeah, you talk to the clerk and I'll get your stuff."

I nodded, trying to see what I could do the distract the owner. I dragged my knit sweater across the shelf and it got caught on a loose nail. I turned around and winked at Dally. Just as he left, I caught the owner walking by.

"Excuse me, sir." He turned around, his hair is what my dad would call "thinning" at the top and it's combed over. And his glasses barely fit on his face.

"Yes?"

I looked at Dally to see he was in the clothing section now, he was looking for something, meaning I have to stall longer.

"Yeah, um, I was reaching for this-" I looked up to see they were tampons and my face heated up instantly, "pack of tampons, and my sweater got stuck on this nail--can you help me?"

"Sure, sweetheart," He responded. I rolled my eyes. Sweetheart, I'm anything but a sweetheart.

Every time I looked up to see Dally, he shook his head. When he did that, I moved my hand a little, making my sweater a little worse.

When it was finally over the owner told me, "I'm sorry, hon, we'll get it fixed, so no one gets stuck on it."

I forced a laugh and ran out to meet Dallas in my dad's car that I took like five months ago. We drove a little farther from the scene of the crime.

"What the hell took you so long?" I whined.

"Well, I heard that your sweater got caught on a nail," he teased. "So, I got you a new one." He pulled a sweater from the back of his jacket, keeping one hand on the wheel.

I smiled, "Thanks, Dal." I kissed his cheek and changed into the new black sweater.

"Let me see the paper." I held out my hand out.

My face scrunched up in disgust when he took it out of his pants.

"What's with that face?" He asked as he handed it to me.

"Why would you put it in your pants, Dallas? You could have put it in your coat sleeve or something."

He shrugged. "You shouldn't have a problem with it, Chelly."

I hit him over the head.

"Hey, I'm drivin'." He yelled, his New York accent strong.

"Ooh, look, we got almost got the front cover today." I told him.

Dally chuckled, "We're almost good enough to far away with murder."

"It says: Another crime. The town bank was robbed by two individuals; one male, one female. The bank lost a little over $1,000. The authorities are still not sure who is up to the crimes, but the only lead is the two missing teenagers, Chelly and Dallas." I read.

"Wow, they're really trying here, aren't they?" Dally asked sarcastically.

I nodded. "I mean, couldn't they be a little more specific? I mean, not anyone could steal $7,500. I just want a little more recognition."

Dallas laughed and leaned over to kiss my temple. "I recognize your talent, babe."

"Thanks, so, off to Texas?"

"Texas." He repeated as we passed the sign that said "Now leaving Oklahoma."

-------------------
A/N:
This is for @CandyGabe. Hey, besties, it's been 47 years. Sorry fam.  I guess requests are open now🤗. I love u though😅. Stay Gold.
-Raevyn