For Katie (Ponyboy)

Katie's POV
Here we go again.  Another day of 'How are your siblings doing?' And why can't you be more like them.  I'm so over it to be honest.  You know, Katie is here too.  What does a girl have to do to be appreciated around here?

My best friend found me at my locker in the hallway.

"Hey, Katie.  What's up?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Not much."

We ended up having a really in depot conversation in five minuets.  It would have continued if she didn't have to head to class.

Today was like any other day.  Some of my teachers would ask how my family was doing as if I were the family secretary.  Whenever I would raise my hand, my teachers would make eye contact with me then completely ignore me.  While I was lost in my thoughts I ran into somebody.

"I'm so sorry." We said at the same time.

"Hey, you're Katie, right?" It was Ponyboy Curtis.

He's been through so much in these past months.  His parents died, he lost two of his best friends, and he went to court.  I don't know how he does it.

"Yeah, that's me," I smiled. "How do you know my name?" You asked.

"We have algebra together."

"Oh, that's right, I'm sorry-" I could feel myself start to blush.

He shrugged. "It's fine, Katie.  I sit in the back, not a lot of people would notice."

"I still feel bad though.  I don't know how I couldn't have noticed."

"It's fine." He repeated.

For the next couple of days I started sitting with Ponyboy in class and at lunch.  I slowly got more and more comfortable around him.  He's such a nice kid; you wouldn't know that he's been through all that stuff if you didn't know his story.

"Can I walk you home?" Ponyboy asked.

"Nah, you walk me home everyday.  Let's go to your house."

He shook his head. "You wouldn't like it."

"Well, I'm not a soc.  It can't be any worse than my house." He didn't respond. "It's only fair, Ponyboy.  And I promise I won't be mean."

"Okay, let's go."

We began our walk off campus to his house.  Really, his house wasn't bad.  It was pretty nice for a greaser.

"So, what are we gonna do?" He asked.

"I don't know, it's your house."

"Fine.  Let's watch movies."

"Okay.  Can I pick which one?"
----------------
A/N:
This is for @KatieWeasley394. Sorry if it sucks Katie. I'm like on the struggle bus right now. PS OLD SCHOOL NETFLIX AND CHILLLLLLLLL. Stay Gold.
-Raevyn