For Kate

Kate's P.O.V.

I walked over to the Nightly Double for some alone time.  My brown hair is just in my face.  As I was walking, I walked into somebody who was smoking.

"Hey, look who it is!  What's up freckles?" He teased.  Just as I thought, Dallas Winston, and he has two other boys with him.  I rolled my eyes. "What's with that scar on your face?" His face softened.

I shook my head. "It's nothing.  Why would you care?" I asked stuffing my hands in my jacket pocket.  I looked over at one of the other guys that were with him.  One looked like a lost puppy who had been beat too many times.  He also had a scar, on his cheek though.

I looked back at Dallas who was staring at me. "Stop looking at it!" I plead walking away.  As I was walking I felt someone grab my arm.

"Who did that to you, Freckles?" He asked. "It was a soc I bet." He muttered.

I turned around. "Look, Dallas, it doesn't concern you, you don't even like me." I stated.  He shook his head.

"Well, that," He said pointing to the scar across my nose. "Is a different story.  Socs are a different story.  They need to learn how to stay on their side of town."

I rolled my eyes.  I pried his grip off my arm and walked away back to my house.  I was sitting there writing one of my new songs.  I heard a knock on my bedroom window.  I turned and saw Dallas.  He waved me to the window.

I stood up and walked over to my window. "How  in  the hell did you find my house?" I hissed.

He motioned me to open my window.  I did so and he lightly pushed past me and sat on my desk.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms.

"I came here to find out who hit you." He said as if it was completly obvious.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, luckily I didn't feel it.  I sighed, "Look, I just got punched in the face and broke my nose.  It doesn't matter.  Now get away from me." I said opening my door.

He walked to the frame then turned. "Just answer this one question." He said.  I gestured for him to go on. "Was he wearing rings?" He asked.  I nodded. "That's all I needed to know."

After that he left I sat down and watched some TV.  I heard a knock at the door and walked over to answer it.  When I opened it I saw Dallas.

"Why did you come back?" I asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that soc kid won't do anything else.  You're welcome." He said walking away.

By time he actually got to the end of the drive way I blurted out, "Thank you." And shut the door.

Dally's P.O.V.

When I turned around I saw her door was shut.  I guess she'll never know how I feel about her.

-------------------------------------------

A/N:

This is for @GreaserGirl1124.  I hope you like it.  I might do a part 2 IF you all want to.  Stay Gold.

-Raevyn