Shannon (Sodapop)

A/N:
I finally got it up @maxinathunderman1234. I hope this is what you wanted. I've never written an imagine like this. Lol this is weird. It's been a while since I put A/N at the beginning of a part.

----------

If you told Sodapop Curtis that he was going to be a parent, he probably wouldn't believe you. Now that he's adopted a little girl, he can't imagine what his life would be like without her.

His killer girl, Shannon, is a picture of innocence and beauty. Her blond hair and blue eyes absolutely enchanting. Those who didn't thinks she was adopted thought she could have been Sodapop's biological daughter.

He had just put Shannon to bed.

He was told that Shannon suffers with nightmares and outburst. It broke his heart to hear that a little girl had to deal with this. He wasn't unfamiliar with the problem. His younger brother Ponyboy would have plenty of nightmares when their parents died.

"Good night, Shannon." He whispered, kissing her forehead.

"Night, Soda."

He fell asleep not long after he left her room. He was woken up in the middle of night with screams, begging someone to stop.

He ran from his room to Shannon's and saw the tiny four-year-old crying. He walked up to her and began rubbing her back. He did this until she woke up with a gasp.

"Shhhh, it's just me, sweetie."

She began to sob and Soda pulled her into a loving hug, kissing her blond locks. He rubbed her back as she continued to sob.

After about twenty minutes of sitting, he went downstairs to get her her pacifier. The woman at the orphanage had told him that it was the only thing to really bring her back down.

"Do you want to talk about it, Shannon?" He asked once they were in his room?

She mumbled something and he asked her to repeat herself.

"You died." She whispered a little louder.

He sighed. "I'll always be right here, Shannon. I want you to know that I'll be here for you."

She put her pacifier back in her mouth and slowly put herself back to sleep.

"It's gonna be okay." He whispered to the little girl, messing with one of her ponytails.

He got a flashback to one of Ponyboy's first nightmares after his mom and dad died.

*"Ponyboy, Pony, wake up." He pleaded.

Ponyboy woke up with a jolt and sat straight up.

"What is it?" Soda asked.

Pony shook his head, "They're gone, Sodapop." He cried.

Soda pulled down his younger brother to hug him. The younger boy hesitated, but hugged back anyway, momentarily dropping his macho act.

"But I'm here and so is Darry. We're gonna be okay, little brother. I promise."*

When Soda came back to reality, he rubbed her back one last time.

"We're gonna be okay, Shannon."