Chapter 2

"Miss Kali, good to see you this fine morning," Cook Lola greeted me. I had made it out to the garden, and was ready to help Cook Lola with whatever she needed. "Miss Kali, if you would like, you can start weeding the carrots," Cook Lola said. Her eyes twinkled, as we both knew very well I would love to help her. I began weeding carrots, and she took the potatoes. We chatted as we worked, as always. "Cook Lola, did you know my father is planning to overthrow another kingdom?" I asked. "Sweetie, you know I don't meddle with your fathers business. But, Mister Zane is here so I knew something big was going to happen." Cook Lola looked at me with love and kindness. "I wish... I wish he would just be happy with all he has. He wasn't always this way, was he?" I asked Cook Lola, wondering what it would be like if he was. She was hesitant to respond, and she had sadness in her eyes as she did." He was happy, once, before your mother died. She made him laugh, and he was always happy and kind. She was a lot like you, Miss Kali, she would help me, and always had kind words for the other servants." Tears had appeared in her eyes, for I knew my mother and her were quite close.

Thx so much for reading, I hope you liked this chapter.