Chapter 36

Lola's POV
The girls were working the stand today, so I went up to my room to read Kathryn's diary. I opened it to the third entry.
Dear Diary,
It's been a week since I wrote in you, little book, and I'm pleased to tell you my rose bush has grown. That's not the only thing that's grown though, everyone says I'm eating to much. I have to start eating very little so I don't get too fat, Garte says. He says he will allow me to have some protein powder so I stay healthy.
-Kathryn Ernst

Dear Diary,
Lola sat with me in my garden today. I was glad for the company, but I don't want to think about what will happen if he finds out.
I looked at the garden wall today. It looks like I could scale up and over the wall. But if I ran, who would believe a sick teen girl?
-Kathryn Ernst

Dear Diary,
I met a girl today, she was nice. Garte brought her into my room and introduced her as Vanessa, my new roommate. She sat down, and I asked if she wanted to see my garden. She followed me outside. Then she asked me a question, "How long have you been here?" "Two years." I answered. That's all it took. She scaled the wall in two minutes and was gone. I waited an hour, giving her as much time as I could. Then I called Garte. I told him she had climbed the tree and jumped over the wall. He looked at me, and said,"Don't ever do that." Then left. I never will. Otherwise, he could hurt my baby.
-Kathryn Ernst

That's all for today!!! <3