Chapter 50

Before we start the chapter, I can't even begin to describe what writing that title down meant to me. This book is so much fun to write, to create, and I love getting immersed in the storyline. So, hopefully you guys will enjoy this extra long chapter, as the puzzle is going to come together soon.

~The next morning~
Kali's POV
I lay on the sand, my head on Levin's shoulder. We were laying here watching the sunrise, and waiting for Logan and our friends to arrive. I looked at the water, the pink and yellow rays of sun making it shine and sparkle. I sighed contentedly. "Happy?" Levin asked, looking at me. "I'm watching the beautiful sunrise with my boyfriend, and anticipating the arrival of my best friends. What's not to be happy about?" I asked, hugging him close. Levin smiled. "You are right." I smiled too. "Levin, what did I do to get so lucky?" I asked. He looked into my eyes. "I have no clue Kali, but whatever it was, I must have done it too."

~A couple hours later~
We stood on the docks, watching the boat dock. I was smiling, waiting for everyone to get off. Levin had his arm around me possessively, which I honestly didn't mind. We watched the gangplank come down.
Malachi was the first to step off, and he picked me up and spun me around. "How's my sister-in-law?" He asked. I blushed, and Levin did the same. "They aren't engag... Wait you aren't are you?" Alexis stood beside me. "NO!" Me and Levin said at the same time. Kyle laughed. Alexis sighed. Soon, it was just Malachi, Levin and I at the docks. Levin and Malachi were talking about the sea travel, and the time it takes to get places, when I heard a soft voice. "Malachi?" I turned and saw Aphmau and Laurence standing there. Malachi spun around, and ran to his mother. That wasn't what caught me eye though. I looked up and saw Andi standing in the tree, looking at Aphmau strangely. I shook my head. She certaly wanted Laurence all to herself. I looked at Aphmau and Malachi, and the huge smile on Malachi's face made me smile too. "I've got to go take care of some things, I'll see you later Kali." Levin kissed my cheek and walked off towards his brother. I smiled again and ran off to find Alexis.

~A couple days later~
Kali's POV
I walked down the stone path to my house. We had settled back into our normal lives now, with new people. Andi is still around, and so is Aphmau's crowd. Levin said they will probably go out on a trip soon, and eventually settle somewhere else.
I opened the door and entered the empty house, empty meaning no one was there, not that nothing is there. I ran upstairs and set my parcel on my bed, then went back downstairs so I could start dinner. We would have a full house tonight, every Friday night was friends night, meaning Zoey, Alexis, Kyle, Levin and Malachi come over and join Lola, Meow and I. I grabbed the old cookbook, it was Lola's. She said it was the first cookbook she ever used, so now it was mine, and soon it would be Meow's. I flipped through it, and found a recipe for meatballs. After scanning the ingredients, I got ready to cook.

The doorbell rang, and I ran to open it. "Hey Kali! Are Meow and Lola here yet?" Zoey asked. "Yes, they will be down any minute. Busy day?" "You know, same old same old." Zoey responded before sitting down. The doorbell rang again, and I opened the door to find Levin and Malachi standing there, Alexis on Malachi's back. "We found her sitting on the step, can we keep her?" Malachi asked. I laughed. "As long as she doesn't drool, sure!" Levin laughed and the three walked in. "Kyle can't make it tonight, he said he wants to go over inventory." Alexis said, once she got down and hugged me. "Anyway, need any help in the kitchen?" Just need to serve the meatballs up, do you want to pour water?" "Sure!" Alexis grabbed the pitcher and started filling up the cups. I used a big spoon and put the meatballs in a big yellow bowl. After putting the bowl on the table, I called everyone to dinner.

After dinner we all sat around the living room and talked. Soon, everyone had to go back to their homes, and we said our goodbyes. Then I flopped down in the couch. "I'm so tired!" "Well, you usually are after a friends and family night." Lola said. "So go to bed early, sleep will benefit you greatly." "Ok," I said, then headed up the stairs to my room.

~the next afternoon~

Meow's POV
I walked down to the beach, where Kali and Levin met. They were there right now, I was going to find them. Some lord from another village was here, and Levin was to be alerted. I was almost there when I heard a familiar voice. "Thanks Aphmau!" She said, and the girl with long orange hair walked down the tree. I pulled my cloak over my hair, then ran to the beach as fast as I could. "Kali! Kali! Lord Cadenza is here!!!" I yelled. Kali paled. "Levin, pardon me." She got up and walked towards me. "Meow, run home as fast as you can and lock the door behind you." Kali said in a whisper. I didn't even reply, I just started running.
"Excuse me! Why is a young girl like yourself running through the town?" I heard Cadenza say. "I'm heading home. Busy day and all." I said, never slowing down. "Slow down sweetheart." I slowed down into a walk. "What?" I asked. "Ever travel?" "Can't say that I enjoy being out in the woods." "There are some beautiful towns around this area." She said. I reached the house. "While, this is where I have to go. Maybe I'll see you around sometime!" I said, fake cheerily. I turned towards her to close the door. She gasped. "Meow~Chan?"

Kali's POV
I walked to the house, and I saw Cadenza and Meow there! Oh no! I thought to myself. I walked up. "Can I help you?" I asked, and stood in front of Meow. I saw Lola coming towards us. Cadenza looked at me. "Yes. You can tell me why a villager of mine is here." Lola had reached us now. "Kali. Go inside." I walked in, pushing Meow in. Lola and Cadenza followed.

Meow's POV
Cadenza sat down on one couch, and Lola sat down on the one across from her. I sat down on Lola's lap, burying my head in her chest. Kali sat beside us. "What's going on?" Cadenza asked. "With what?" Lola asked. "Why didn't you bring Meow when we were looking for her? You do realize she is a villager of New Meteli, right?" "I realize that. I'm a villager of Scaleswind then." Lola said calmly. "Then why do u have a house here?" "That's what you are saying. We can have new villages. I'm a villager of Phenix Drop now. So is Meow." "Meow? Why are you here?" Cadenza asked. I looked at her, Lola hugging me tight. "Why am I here? I'm here because these people love me. These sisters took me as one of them, they care about me and for me. I'm here because I have a best friend and mentor. I'm here because I have Nicolette. I'm here because it's my home now."

I hope you guys enjoyed this extra long chapter! It's 1221 words long, not including the bold writing. Anyway, thanks again for voting, commenting, and reading. I love and appreciate you all, have a great day. <3