Chapter 45

~that night~
Kali's POV
I walked out to the plaza. Then, I sat down on our booth. I wished Lexi was here, she always watches the stars with me. I sighed, and go up to walk back to my house. "What are you doing?" A voice startled me. I spun around. "Watching the stars. Is that a crime?" I said. The man studied me. He had a sword, brown hair, and green eyes. "Listen, I've never seen you before. I'm sorry you think I'm doing something wrong, but really, I know when I'm doing something right. And for the past two years, I've finally felt that." I spun around on my heel, and walked back to my house. "Wait." I turned back. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. It's just, you are the first person I've seen here I don't remember." "Remember?" I questioned. "These people, this town. I was a guard here. 15 years ago." He said, looking around. "Wait, are you one of the ones Zoey..." "Yes. I'm Laurence." He said. "I'm Kali." I studied him. "Shouldn't you be sleeping? Or somewhere?" I asked. "What about you?" He asked. "I often watch stars here. Sometimes by myself, sometimes with someone." I said. "Ah. I needed to look around, to study this place I guess. A lot changes in fifteen years you know." He said. A lot changes in two years too. I thought. "While, Laurence, it was nice to meet you. Now, I'd best be going back to my house." I said, then left.

Hope you enjoyed this little conversation! If you are looking for another book to read, check out my new one, The Lord of Starius. <3