Chapter 27

Lola's POV
I had just woke up. I looked around my room, in my house. I was proud of myself, I have taken care of my girls well. I opened my bag, and after checking to make sure my door was locked, I pulled something out. In the very, very bottom of the bag, I had hidden three books. When I left my home, my mom had given me this bag, with a false bottom, because I was going to be by the Lord of Okasis, and I would probably want to hide things from him. My eyes clouded over. I missed my mother, for only one month after I had lived in the palace, she slipped into a coma. I'm not sure if she died or not, but the Lord would not let me have time off to go see her. Miss Kathryn and I had sat and she held me as I cried. I think we stayed that way for a couple hours. That was the first of two times I had cried, and the other time... Well... that... was when Miss Kathryn had... left. Now the tears I had been holding back for so many years came out. I quietly cried. I cried for my mom, for Miss Katelyn, I cried for myself, and my previous misfortune. I cried and cried, sad that this time, it was only me. The first time, Miss Kathryn was there, and the second time... Little baby Kali was in my arms.

*flashback*
Miss Kathryn, she put Kali in my arms, told me to take care of her little Kali, and then she left. I remember crying with a baby in my arms, and then the Lord of Okasis came in. He looked at her, then looked at me, then at his baby. His face turned hard, and he ordered me to get that thing out of the room. I took her to the baby room, set her in a crib, and the nanny took over. I ran to my chamber, and washed my face. I stopped crying, because somehow I knew. I knew that he had changed, I knew he would want his dinner at the same time as always. I ran to the kitchen, and started making mushroom soup.
*end of flashback*

I still didn't tell you what's in the bag, did I? Well, you know they are books, but what kind of books??? Ooo, you will have to wait and see!!! <3