Chapter 34

Lola's POV
Talking to Kali reminded me of something. I quietly tip-toed up the stairs to my bedroom, and then locked the door behind me. I pulled out the three books. I studied the three closely, before selecting the dark red one to read first. My Diary,by Kathryn Ernst. I read the first page.
Dear Diary-
I'm in my room right now. I just got back from planting a rose bush in my garden. Those are the only two places I'm allowed to be since...
Lola brought some food to my door today. She's such a sweet little girl, I wonder why she's here. I took it from her, and she smiled at me. I think that smile made my day.
I'm signing off quickly because I hear footsteps coming.
Until Tomorrow,
Kathryn Ernst

Since when? That was the thought on my mind. Why was she locked in her room? I remember always taking her food there, everyone said she didn't leave. So, was that a lie? Was she always there because she had to be? I read the next page.

Dear Diary,
My rose bush is growing. The maid laughed when I told her, saying it takes more time then a day for a plant to grow. It doesn't though, I know that.
He let me into the kitchen today. I saw Lola telling the others what to do. She is certainly brave for only being here a couple days. Only 18 too, quite young.
I wonder how old I am.
-Kathryn Ernst

How can she wonder how old she is? I put the book away now. I'll have to read it tomorrow, I need some sleep tonight.

Ooo, sounds like Kathryn had a secret!!! What do u think it is? <3