Chapter 42

Kali's POV
I ran out of the house, into the soggy grass. Meow and Zoey had make a "breakthrough," and Lola was at the stand. Then I saw someone, and smirked. I had a great idea. I started running, then leaped unto his back. "Kali!" Levin said laughing,"You could have warned me!" "I could have, but I didn't." I said. I slid off, and he hugged me. "Where are you off to?" He asked. "I'm going to join Lola at the stand. Meow and Zoey won't stop with the portal thing." I said. Levin laughed. "Well, I'm off to guard the wall, with three guards gone, I'm going to have to help." He said. "Have fun, my knight not in shinning armor." I joked. Levin laughed. "Have fun Kali!" He called as he climbed the ladder up to the gate.

I walked down to road, and thought about the settlement. It hasn't grown in these two years, we only gained one more citizen, Donna's baby girl. It wasn't right, I might talk to Malachi about that when he gets home.

Meow's POV
I walked down road, to Kawaii~Chan's. As much as I had wanted to help Zoey today, I promised I would watch Nicolette for an hour or two while Dante and Kawaii~Chan did some shopping for her. Then I had to help out at the stand. I knocked on the door, and smiled at the cuteness of Kawaii~Chan and Dante.