Chapter 75

"What?" Both Aphmau and Garroth said. "But you, but Lola, but how?" Aphmau sputtered. I took a deep breath. "I'm not technically related to Lola. She did basically raise me, but we aren't related." I said. "Lola was our cook." Zane said, surprising everyone. Garroth looked at him. "You knew?" He asked. "Yes." Zane said. I looked at Garroth. "Zane was there. For three years at least." I said. "When I was 16, I couldn't take it anymore. I was a princess kept prisoner in a castle. Lola and I escaped." I explained. "They lived in Pheniox Drop. That's where I met Kali." Vvlad said. "She was a baby when I... left."
"Wow." Aphamu finally responded. "But I have a question." She paused. "Does... have you ever told Levin?" She asked slowly. "I've never told anyone, except Meow." I said. Vvlad hugged me. "Kali. You are going to have to tell him." Aphmau said. "Yes." I said. "I know."
"Kali, I better get you back anyway. I told Lola I'd get you back yet today." Vvlad said. I nodded, and followed him out.
We walked in silence back to the portal. I was thinking about my other brothers, and I think Vvlad was too. Finally, we reached the portal, and nightfall was almost upon us. I hugged Vvlad again, then stepped though, back to my town.
I walked to my house as the sun set. When I went in, I saw Lola and Meow eating dinner. "Hey Kali. There is some soup left over if you want some." Meow said. I grabbed a bowl and ladled some soup into it. "We missed you." Lola said. I walked over to the table. "I missed you too." I said, and tears started falling yet again. Meow handed me a tissue, and I wiped them as best I could. "I think I'm going to go to bed early." I said, then ran up the stairs to my bedroom. Even that didn't look the same, Meow had started packing stuff up. I threw myself onto my bed, crying softly. Why was everything changing so fast?

~a month later~
I woke up, and got out of bed quickly. Tomorrow was the day Meow and Lola were moving. I was sad, but at least I'll have Alexis and Levin. I'm planning on telling Levin about my past tonight, as I want to before Lola and Meow leave. No one knows I'm not planning to go with them, they think it's my family too I guess. I've been putting off telling everyone, Levin especially, because I don't want him to be mad. I've kept this secret for so long, and it's kinda unnerving that it won't be a secret anymore. I sighed, and started to get changed.

~twelve hours later~
It was dark by the time I was finally free to go talk to Levin. Honestly, I've been avoiding him for the last month, and I really can't wait to see him and talk to him tonight. My pace quickened, and soon I was almost to his house. I could hear giggling, and I couldn't help but look in the window before I thought about knocking on the door. I saw two people on the couch. One, I knew was Levin. It took me a minute to figure out who the other one was. Alexis. A smile came to my face, but it vanished as I watched something happen. Something that never in a million years, did I ever think will happen. Alexis lay her head on his shoulder.
Tears came to my eyes as I ran away. I ran to my house. I slammed and locked the door behind me, then collapsed into the floor.

Lola's POV
I walked down the stairs, after hearing the door slam shut. Oh, Levin must not have taken it well! I got to the bottom of the stairs, and saw Kali on the floor, head in her hands. She was sobbing loudly. In one quick movement I picked her up. She didn't stop crying, just looked at me wearily. "Kali. Sweetie what happened?" I asked. "Levin... and Alexis!" She said, and the tears started again. "Levin and Alexis what?" I asked gently. "Tell me what happened." Kali looked at me. "They were together, and she lay her head on his shoulder!" She sobbed. My eyes widened. "Oh Kali! I'm so sorry." I said, and hugged her tightly. "I'm going with you." She burst out. "I can't stay here." I hugged her again. "Alright. You are more than welcome." I said.

Kali's POV
I slipped away, my turquoise bag in hand. I followed Lola and Meow down the path, the path to their family. The people who, Lola assured me, would welcome me with open arms. I had said goodbye to no one, just left with Meow and Lola. I had also left Vvlad a note, where he would be sure to find it. I told him where I was going, and instructed him to tell no one. Only Garroth and Zane, my other brothers. Now, I had to walk. We were planning to reach Scaleswind by sundown, and that's where I wanted to be right now. Far, far away from Pheniox Drop. Far, far away from the two people who betrayed me. Far, far away.

The End.

OMI, this moment is surreal for me. You read the two words above right, this is the finial chapter on this book. This isn't the finial chapter of Kali's story though. There will be a sequel!
The first chapter of the sequel will be published on May 9th, 2016. I will post a chapter in this book with the title and description of the sequel on May 9th as well.
So, while you are all waiting for that book to come out, I will publish two more chapters on this book. One will be an authors note, and the other will be a book Q &A!
So, please ask me questions about the book, or even questions about me. <3