Chapter 40

Ok, before we get into this chapter, I have to say how amazing it is to be on the 40th chapter! This book is a lot of fun to write, so I hope you guys enjoy reading it too!!! Be sure to look for a link to a special surprise soon!

Meow's POV
I walked down the path to the stand. Now that I was 15, I was allowed to stay at our house by myself sometimes. Oh, ya, you are probably wondering about the whole Kawaii talk thing. Well... Turns out it's really annoying. Now that I am with Kawaii~Chan so much, I realize that. Sometimes I still add a Chan, or Kun to someones name without thinking.
   I pulled out my knitting. I was making a blanket, a pretty turquoise one at that. It's a blanket that will fit a double bed, and I'm going to give it to Kali. Lola is beside me, helping a customer, someone I don't know. It might surprise you that I really don't know many people, I'm pretty busy with my school and the stand. Oh, school. Lola has been teaching me, she bought a book from Logan.

I looked around again, wondering where everyone was. I put down my knitting, getting restless. I stood up and walked out the settlement gates, then out the Pheniox Drop gates. I followed the familiar path down to the portal. Zoey looked up,"Oh, hey Meow!" She said. "Hey Zoey. Any luck?" I asked. "I have an idea, but I think I'm going to have to try it tomorrow." She said, pointing up towards the blackening sky. I gasped and she grabbed her bag. "Let's go Meow, we don't want to be caught in the storm."

Kali's POV
Oh wow, it was getting dark fast. I got up, and ran to help Lola pack up the stand. "Lola, where's Meow?" I asked, worried. "Don't worry, she's with Zoey." Lola replied calmly. We put all the vests, blankets, and other things in the stand's built in shelving, then ran home.
When we got there, I filled up the teapot, and pulled out ingredients for stew. Lola ran upstairs and put buckets under the holes in our roof. "Kali, I need one more!" She called. I took a pot up, and set it under the leak by the stair railing. "Lola, we really need to get the roof patched up." I said. "I'll do..." "We will find a man to do it, Lola you are not going up on that roof." I said and went downstairs. Lola came down too, and got some sheets and a blanket out of the cabinet. Then she went upstairs and prepared the guest bedroom.
I heard a knock on the door, and rushed over to open it for a wet Meow and Zoey. I handed them each a towel, and Meow ran up to our room to get changed into some dry clothes. Zoey used the towel to dry off herself and clothing. "What's for dinner Kali?" I turned and saw Meow already back. "We are having stew." I said. "And Zoey, you are staying here until the rain lets up." Lola yelled down, before Zoey could argue. All three of us smiled before I returned to my pot, Meow to her knitting, and Zoey to her research books.

Yay! Honestly, I'm just really excited right now! Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter!