Chapter 37

Lola's POV
My eyes were sore and almost closed by the time I finished reading. The last entry, just... broke me.
Dear Diary,
I'm here to write in you for the last time. My water just broke, I know I'm not going to make it through this, I'm too weak. After I finish here, I'm going to put this diary in Lola's chamber, so she can know about me. She has become my best friend, and someone needs to know the truth about my story. I can't believe we are only two years apart, we have the same birthday! Actually... It's today.
Someday I hope my daughter gets this, and can read why I'm not here with her today. I love my unborn baby, and it makes me want to cry, I know I won't be there for her. I wish I was, so we can too scale the wall, and I can care for her somewhere safe.
Goodbye, my diary, goodbye.
-Kathryn Ernst

I closed the diary with a sigh. I didn't realize all Kathryn had been through. I had no idea she wasn't married to Lord Garte. She was just...

~Time skip to nightfall~
Kali's POV
I walked around the small settlement. In the darkness, it looked so peaceful. I walked by Donna's, and I could hear the twins yelling. I saw Logan and Yip eating dinner through the window panes. At Kawaii~Chan's house I saw the three family members hugging each other. I looked into the Lord's house, and saw Malachi and Kyle sitting by the fireplace, talking. I looked at the gates, Alexis waved to me. I waved back, and continued on. I walked under the tall tree, and saw Zoey climb up the ladder. I walked slowly down the beautiful beach, lit up softly by fairy lights. I saw a shadowy figure standing there. Something, I'll never know what told me to go there. So I walked over to him.

Cliffhanger! What's going to happen next? <3