Chapter 39

Kali's POV
Levin and I walked down to the beach, and sat down on a blanket. I opened the picnic basket, and got out our food. Then my thoughts wandered.
I thought back to that night, when I had walked over to Levin. We looked at each other, and something clicked. I sat down beside him, and we looked at each other. Since then, we have gone on a bunch of small dates, mostly like this one, on "our" beach. He told me about his childhood, and it's a sad story. He was raised by his nanny, Zoey, because his mother had mysteriously disappeared. He never asked about my childhood, and for that I was glad. I would have to make something up, and I really didn't want to do that. On our fourth date, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and we've been boyfriend/girlfriend for over one and a half years.

Levin's POV
I looked over at my girlfriend. She was staring into space, she does that a lot. It means she's thinking. I love Kali, but I've never told her that. I have no idea if she loves me, and I don't want to get hurt. So I keep it to myself.
Since we started dating, Kali has fit in more with our little group. Malachi, Alexis, Kyle, had welcomed her with open arms. Alexis and Kali were best friends, thought they couldn't be any different. Kali was proper and prim, and she liked knitting, sewing, and other crafty things. Alexis was a tomboy, and a guard. Her hobbies were training, teasing us boys, and she loves puppies.
Kali come back to earth, and lay her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her, and we sat there, looking into the beautiful lake of dreams.

:) so Kawaii!!! <3