Chapter 3

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

I wake up, and I see that I'm on a stretcher, about to be lifted into an ambulance. I see about four different men, and one of them is reaching into my bag. The school police officers are outside, watching me get lifted inside, and they're talking to another teacher and the principal, who was told about the phone call to 9-1-1, from what I was just told. 

"What's your parents number? We need to call them and let them know that we're taking you the hospital." A man asks, holding up my phone.

I take my phone, and I show him the number and he paces back and forth as he speaks. They begin to lift me into the ambulance, and two of the men hop in the back with me, and the other two head to the front. Once the doors shut, panic mode begins to set in.

"Well, from what the coach says, she was doing a flip in the air, and she didn't quite stick the landing when the girls held their palms out for her feet, and she fell directly onto her knee. We might think that—" he continues, but I don't bother to listen.

My mother won't care.

She probably thinks I deserved it.

Whenever my mother hits me and I express my pain, she just continues to beat me and tell me that I'm just complaining for no reason and that my pain is imaginary. Whenever the abuse occurs, for some reason, I have started thinking about my father, as if that will slightly lessen the pain of each blow I'm given. He always wanted me to be strong, so I endure it for him to prove to him that I am strong.

"Sweetheart, how old are you?" One of the men ask.

"I'm eighteen." I say shakily.

"Okay, I just finished the call with her mom. Let's go."

"Go? Go where?" I ask.

I try to lift myself, but I can already feel pain in my knee, and I wince in pain. Somehow I've forgotten the predicament that I'm now in. 

Oh, right.

I fucked up my knee like an idiot, and now I have to go to the hospital.

My memory is starting to come back, and the last thing I can think of is when I fell right onto my knee onto the gym floor, and how everyone was around me.

"The hospital, you need to get that knee cared for." The man informs me.

I wipe tears from my eyes, but more tears come when I feel the IV enter my arm. I've never had one before, and seeing the needle inside of my skin freaks me out. It feels strange as it is being pushed further and further into my vein, and I look away to try and stop myself from hyperventilating. 

I hate needles with a passion.

"Oh, God!" I shriek and start hysterically crying.

"It's alright, honey. It's okay." The men say, trying to calm me down, but it isn't working at all.

No, it's not okay! I'm freaking out!

"Let's get the medicine."

I see them take a clear liquid, and they insert it into my arm. My heart is pounding so hard that I can feel it in my throat. I would feel the medicine taking affect if it weren't for the fact that I'm still worried about what's going to happen.

"This should numb your leg and take away some of the pain your feeling, sweetheart."

"Okay." I say, still in panic mode.