Chapter 56

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

Savannah and I pull into the hospital parking lot, and we aimlessly search for Rian. Soon, I see Dr. Raymond associating with a nurse. I walk over to him, and he smiles at me.

"Alexandrianna Hawkins! I haven't seen you in what seems like forever! How've you been lately?" Dr. Raymond politely asks.

"I'm doing okay," I say hesitantly. "Have you seen Rian? I have something pretty important to tell him."

Pretty important is an understatement.

"He should be right down this hallway. He's been pretty occupied with a patient all day, so I know he'll be there." Dr. Raymond says.

"Thank you." I reply, and I grab Savannah's hand before we walk off.

We walk down the hallway, looking into each room frantically, and desperately trying to look for Rian.

"Okay, Alex, just try to calm down. I know this is a huge deal, but you're only going to make it worse by worrying."

"You don't understand, Vannah! I'm so worried, I feel like I'm going to vomit, and I don't know how Rian is going to react." I exclaim, and I run my fingers through my hair.

I huff, and my breaths are shaking like leaves being moved by a windstorm. Savannah hugs me, and the embrace doesn't ease or comfort me at all. It only makes me more nervous.

What if Rian doesn't even want this baby?

My stomach churns at the thought, and I hold onto the wall for support because I feel nauseous again. All of these thoughts race around, and none of them seem positive.

He's going to leave you, Alex.

Rian doesn't want kids.

He won't love you anymore once he finds out.

You might as well kiss this relationship goodbye.

I don't know why I'm thinking these things, because it's pretty clear that he loves me. Rian has done so much for me since we met, and I'm going to love him no matter what.

Just calm down, Alex. You'll figure something out.

"If a baby changes how Rian feels about you, then maybe he isn't the one. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being honest. This baby should make him love you even more, Alex." Savannah says.

She does kind of have a point.

Rian and I have been through too much to just let go because of my pregnancy. My mother, Austin and Kassandra, Brendan, and his father passing away.

If our relationship can withstand all of those things, it shouldn't just stop now because I unexpectedly got pregnant.

There's no way that I'd allow him to just walk out of my life.

"I've put so much into our relationship, Vannah. What if it was all for nothing?" I ask, and the tears begin streaming down my face.

"Alex, I'm telling you that it wasn't for nothing. You and Rian have this unbreakable bond that you've created, so this baby should make that bond even stronger." She insists, and my eyebrows shoot up.