EPILOGUE

3 YEARS LATER

"Daddy!"

Rosie is running full speed towards me, and I lift her up into the air before catching her. She wraps her arms around my neck, showing me her toothy smile.

"Hey cutie! You look so pretty today!" I exclaim, and she giggles.

Rosie wears one of the sparkly tutus that Alex bought for her as a surprise. Her dark brown hair flows to her shoulders, and her smile is incredibly wide.

"Thanks, Daddy!" Rosie exclaims, giving me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

I laugh, and I spin her around. We both giggle loudly, and I pretend to slam her into the couch before tickling her.

Rosie hysterically cackles, and every single tooth in her mouth shows as she throws her head back.

"Daddy!" She squeals, trying to tickle me back.

Bruno jumps on the couch to join in on the fun, and his loud barking only adds to our boisterous laughter. Once we settle down, I resume my duties in the kitchen and begin to cook dinner.

"What are you making?" Rosie asks, trying to stand on her tiptoes and see what's on the stove.

"Rosie, back up. It's really hot, and I don't want you to burn yourself." I exclaim, and I shield her with one of my hands.

"Sorry!" She says, and she runs back over to where Bruno is.

"It's okay, I just want to make sure that you're safe." I explain, and she just nods before pulling on Bruno's ear.

Bruno begins to bark at her, and he runs away from her into a corner where his toys are. Rosie looks upset, and she rushes back over to me.

"Gosh, you're just attached to Daddy today, aren't you?" I ask, and her wide eyes look up at me.

"Yeah," She squeaks, and my chest warms up.

I lift her off the ground, putting her on my shoulders so that she can still be close to me. Rosie's tiny hands play around with my hair, and she's matting it with her fingers. Rosie begins to whine, and I furrow my eyebrows and stop what I'm doing.

"What's the matter?" I ask, and I can tell that she's pouting.

"I want chicken nuggets for dinner! Not this nasty stuff." Rosie complains, and I chuckle.

"What's so nasty about roasted lemon butter shrimp and asparagus?" I ask, and I take her off my shoulders.

"It doesn't taste good! Daddy, can we go get chicken nuggets?" She asks, giving me puppy dog eyes, but I shake my head.

"No, you've been eating a lot of chicken nuggets lately. You need some vegetables, too."

"No I don't! I could eat those for forever and ever, Dad!" Rosie debates, and I chuckle at how adorable she is.

Every person has that one food that they could eat for the rest of their lives and not get sick of it. Rosie's is chicken nuggets, without a doubt. They're extremely addictive, according to her.

Kind of like how an addict is obsessed with cocaine or LSD or whatever drug they ingest.

It's escalated to being completely addicted to chicken nuggets. It's all she ever wants now.

Rosie definitely doesn't take after Alex and I. We both like a lot of foods and tend to branch off and try something new, but Rosie's the complete opposite. Picky is an understatement when it comes to her.