Chapter 15

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

"You want to make this happen?" Rian asks, staring into my eyes.

"Well, yeah. I mean, it's like starting new for me, in a weird way, I guess." I say, not really sure how to put my words together.

"How is it like starting new, Alex?" He asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"I haven't dated anyone since my sophomore year." I admit, and memories of Austin hit me.

"Oh, I think I know who you're talking about." He says.

"I'll go more in depth about it sooner or later, just not now." I say and let out a sigh.

"I know, I know. I'll let you figure that out at your own pace." He says gently, and holds both of my hands.

He hesitates for a split second before he kisses my forehead, and I sheepishly smile. My cheeks warm up, and we both let out little laughs. Of course I want to start a relationship with Rian, and although I still hold onto some doubts from the past, I know that I can trust him. He's different from every guy I've known.

"Let's start off slow, okay? Like I said, it's been a while." I say, looking into his perfect eyes.

"Of course, anything that makes you the most comfortable." He says softly.

"In case you didn't know, I'm not very experienced with relationships." I say and laugh.

"Neither am I, Alex." He says and his smile causes his dimples to show.

He walks over to the dresser, and hands me a plate of breakfast. I thank him and we sit next to each other on the bed. We eat and quietly talk, and I know I owe him an apology for how I acted last night. Getting drunk and being rude towards him did absolutely nothing to help his grief. 

"Again, I'm sorry about last night. I must've pissed you off to the tenth power." I apologize through a mouth full of toast.

"It's alright, you probably don't remember most of last night. Everything's okay, now." He says, placing a hand on my knee.

After we finish eating breakfast together, we mainly just lay next to each other in the bed. My head rests on his shoulder, and he has his arm wrapped around me. For the most part we've been quiet, only bringing up something occasionally. 

"I have school tomorrow." I groan, and I can already feel the stress weighing down on me.

"Do you need a ride? I can drop you off and pick you up, if you want." He offers.

"No, I have a car. It's just... not with me."

"Where is it?" He asks.

"My house." I say, and my mother pops up in my head instantly.

She probably smashed the windshields and slashed my tires by now. There's no way that she's happy about me pretty much running away. Everything that I left there is probably ruined now. 

"I can take you to get it if you want." He says.

"Yeah, I really need my car."

"Nice. I couldn't afford my Mercedes at age eighteen. What type of car do you have?" He asks.

"It's a Mustang, and it's bright yellow. My mother obviously wouldn't gift me with such a luxury, I got it from my Grandpa on my seventeenth birthday." I say.