Chapter 31

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

Warning: Towards the end, it gets pretty steamy just for your information ;)

I'm currently sitting through Literature and Composition AP, bored out of my mind as the teacher rambles on and on about the significance of William Shakespeare. My mind wanders off, and I continually click my pen while my thoughts begin to drown me.

"I've never tasted something so fucking good in my entire life."

"Jesus Christ. Oh, shit."

"So will mine, but I'm looking at something pretty appetizing right now."

Rian's voice echoes in my head, and the image of his sweaty body over mine develops a stupid grin on my face, and I'm trying to wipe it off so I can concentrate.

"Alex! Why was Hamlet considered to have problematic subjectivity?" My teacher asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Hamlet was problematic because the murder was never really known in its actuality, it was delivered as information through the perspectives of the other characters. After receiving information about the murder of his father, he responds with revenge and tries to justify the task within the framework that structures both his ethical sensibilities, and his very sensibilities regarding who he is. He also believes that he acts for a higher agency, and dismissing the claims of his own integrity." I retort, and I raise my eyebrows in amusement at the shocked look on his face.

"Does that answer your question?" I ask, giving him a sly smile.

"That was exactly what I was looking for, Ms. Hawkins." He says after clearing his throat, still looking flabbergasted.

Thank God that I copied those notes online, because I know nothing about Hamlet and his subjectivity issues.

Once that class is finally over, it's time for lunch. The cafeteria has been decorated with cute little hearts for the Valentine's Day dance, and pink and red streamers also hang from the ceiling.

"Valentine's Day dance, eight o'clock to eleven o'clock, only ten dollars for admission!" Savannah reads in a fake voice.

"Another Valentine's Day that I'll be spending by myself and the piles of homework that we've been getting." Xiu says, faking a cheer.

"Yay!" Savannah says, and I smile as her face turns serious.

"Guys, it's not that bad." I say, chuckling as I sit down at our table.

"You can say that because you're actually in a relationship!" Savannah exclaims.

"Believe me, with all of the other Valentine's Days that I've spent on my own, I know that it isn't the end of the world." I reply casually.

"I bet Rian has something so romantic planned for you guys. He's such a gentleman, he probably has a candle lit dinner on the beach in preparation." Xiu says, and Savannah swoons at the thought.

"I bet he has something else for her too." Savannah says, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Vannah, stop." I say through a giggle.

"Hey, I'm being honest. I know it's gonna happen, you guys have been sex addicts ever since New Years." Savannah says, shaking her head at me with a smirk.