Chapter 61

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

My body is awakened from its slumber when I feel Rian kissing all over my neck and the sensitive skin behind my ear. I smile to myself, and when I finally open my eyes I see the gorgeous ring shining.

My smile spreads from ear to ear as I continue to stare at the amazing diamond on my finger, and all of yesterday continues to replay itself over and over again in my head. It was almost like we were in a movie with the large and romantic soliloquies that would make the teenage girls swoon uncontrollably.

I'm going to be Rian Peterson's wife.

He's going to be my husband.

The fact that I'm going to be a mother and a wife very soon paralyzes me with a good kind of shock. When he got down on his knee, I automatically knew that I would say yes, but the temporary disbelief was what delayed my reply.

I'm giddy as I already begin to imagine what our wedding will look like and who will show up to it. I can already see myself walking down the aisle, and staring Rian in the eyes. Every girl has always fantasized about how their life would be after high school, and I'm extremely lucky to think about what will be my life.

Xiu is going off to one of the best colleges in New York to pursue her dreams.

Savannah recently got a new apartment and is going to start fresh.

And I'm going to be a mother to a little boy or girl, and the wife of the man who genuinely loves me for who I am.

I couldn't have asked for anything else.

I slowly sit up, holding onto my stomach as my back is resting against the headboard. Rian intently gazes at me before caressing my stomach.

"What made you propose to me?" I suddenly blurt out, and Rian looks appalled.

"Why wouldn't I? Wait, you're not having any doubts about this, are you?" Rian asks, and I instantly shake my head.

Why would I doubt you?

"No, not at all! It's just—, I want to know what made you decide to propose." I curiously ask, and he does a sigh of relief.

"I love you, Alexandrianna. I proposed because no other woman has made me feel this way or love this hard. It's ineffable to describe what you do to me, and I wanted it to be even more official that you're mine, and only mine." Rian explains, and my chest feels warm as his smile continues to grow.

"A year ago, I never would've imagined that this would be my future. Engaged, a mom to be. But now that I have it, I wouldn't want anything else."

Rian wraps his hand around the nape of my neck, pulling me down to kiss him. He lazily kisses me, and he lets out a low moan against my lips. We go in for another kiss, but we just smirk at each other for a while.

"You know that I love you, right?" Rian asks, and my smirk turns into a wide smile.

The memories of New Years Eve flash in my head, and when I kiss him again it's like I can hear our voices echoing.

"You know that I love you, right?"

"Of course, Rian. I love you, too."

"I won't hurt you, I promise. You have my word."

Rian really meant that when he said it, and I meant everything I said. That's the thing that I probably craved the most, because after Austin, I smartened up and realized that the feelings and trust and honesty should all be reciprocated, not one-sided.