Chapter 50

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

After dropping Xiu off at the airport and saying goodbye to her, her parents take us back to their house to treat us to some authentic Chinese cuisine. We all sit at the table, and I pet Mei while our plates are being placed in front of us.

Xiu's parents take their culture very seriously, and I admire how zealous they are to it. We dig into the delicious pork and noodles, and we do it in silence. After finishing the meal, Xiu's mother looks at me and smiles.

"Oh my, Alexandrianna!" She exclaims, and her eyes are as wide as saucers.

"What, Mrs. Lee?" I ask, confused at her surprise.

"I'm just now noticing that your skin is looking so much clearer than before! Not saying that you had bad skin or anything, but you're radiating." Mrs. Lee says, and I blush.

I don't see how. I forgot to wash my face today, and I haven't been blessed with the sex afterglow.

Savannah just smirks at me, which causes me to blush even more, and I'm sure that my cheeks are extremely pink or about to transform into the deepest shade of red possible.

"Don't be embarrassed, Alex. It's a complement!" Savannah says, and I glare at her.

"I know that, Savannah." I say quickly, and I return my eyes to my lap.

"I just can't believe that Xiu's going to college. It seems like yesterday she was just learning how to walk." Mr. Lee says, changing the subject.

Thank you for getting us out of that conversation.

"I know, honey. I'm so proud of her, she worked so hard and now she'll be even closer to reaching her dream career." Mrs. Lee says, becoming teary eyed again.

"Yeah, we knew that she'd get accepted into any college, really. She's extremely smart, which is not something you could say about me." Savannah jokingly adds, and we all laugh.

"You all are very smart ladies." Mr. Lee says, and we thank him.

"You all should be proud of yourselves. You've graduated high school, and now you're all independent and ready to succeed in whatever you plan to be." Mrs. Lee says, giving us her warm smile.

Xiu definitely got her solicitousness and politeness from her parents, and I always love to visit them. Besides Rian's parents, Xiu's parents have become another home to me. They're so loving and respectful and they treated me like I was their own daughter, and whenever I'd come over after my mother would abuse me, they'd comfort me.

We all stand up, and suddenly I'm pulled into Mrs. Lee's arms for an embrace, and Mr. Lee is hugging Savannah. The both of us say goodbye to them, and we make our way to my car.

The yellow of my car is shiny and the light shines through my tinted windows, slightly making the interior visible. I unlock the car, and the headlights flash before we both get inside. Savannah and I sit in silence before I stick the keys in the ignition, and she turns on the radio, blasting our favorite radio station. One of our favorite songs plays, but we don't sing along because it just isn't the same when Xiu isn't with us.

Already, there are differences.

"Man, it feels so different without Xiu." Savannah sighs, and I nod.