Chapter 22

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

Today is my nineteenth birthday.

December 16th, 1996. Born and raised in San Fransisco.

My phone is blowing up with social media notifications and texts, and I know that they're all birthday wishes. Xiu and Savannah have memorized my birthday and know it by heart. They've probably even remembered the exact time I was born. Ever since I joined cheer, we alway celebrate birthdays, and if it's not on a school day, we'll celebrate on Monday.

Xiu: happy bday ILYSM 🎉🎊

Savannah: happy birthday bitch🎈🎉

After a while, my cheeks start to hurt from smiling so much. I thank them for the birthday wishes, and I make my way downstairs. The doorbell rings, and I run up to the door to answer it.

"Who's that?" Rian asks, getting up from the couch.

"I don't know." I reply, and shrug.

I open the door, and I see Xiu and Savannah holding presents, and what looks like a homemade chocolate cake.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Alex, happy birthday to you!" They sing in unison, and I smile.

"Aww, that's so sweet. Thanks." I say, and I feel indebted to them.

"Can we come in?" Xiu asks politely, and I look at Rian.

"I-, of course. Come in." He says, looking flabbergasted.

Oh, right. He didn't know today was my birthday.

Xiu and Savannah set the gifts down on the kitchen island, along with the cake. I hug them both, and I constantly thank them for the gifts.

"Open them!" Savannah cheers, and I reach for the one my hand is closest to.

I take the Victoria's Secret bag and I look inside of it, and I give Savannah a glare. It's lingerie.

"Vannah, seriously?" I ask through a snicker.

"Hell yeah! It's so cute, and I wanted to get you something nice." She says, and we smile at each other.

She pulls me into a hug, and I stare Rian directly in the eyes.

"Birthday sex," Savannah whisper sings in my ear, and I immediately pull my gaze away from Rian's.

"Stop," I say, slightly embarrassed.

I hope Rian didn't hear that.

I open the rest of the gifts that I've received from Xiu and Savannah. A Starbucks gift card, a few pairs of heels, and some lingerie.

"Thanks for the gifts, it means a lot." I say, and they both smile at me.

"To celebrate your birthday, we should have a girls night out! Let's go back to that one club." Xiu cheers, and I shake my head.

"No, I will not get black out drunk tonight. I want to remember my birthday. Let's just like-, have a sleepover since we haven't had one in a while." I say animatedly, and they both nod their heads.

"That's such a good idea! Who's house is it going to be at?" Savannah asks.

"Probably mine or yours," Xiu says, and my grin is wiped off of my face.

"Yeah, since we can't go to my place because of my mom." I grumble, and I feel Rian's hands on my waist from behind me.

"Hey, hey. No need to think like that on your birthday, okay?" Rian says in my ear from behind, and he kisses my temple.