Chapter 7

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

Dr. Rian has been helping me around on my crutches, and I've been getting better. My knee isn't so sore, but it still is in pain. He's brought me breakfast, lunch, and dinner, sometimes dessert. No matter how much I insist, he always brings me something. After my awkward shower, I grab the hospital gown and put it on again.

I take my phone and turn the volume up all the way, and I'm moving the top half of my body while I comb my wet hair in the mirror. This song has been on repeat for the past few weeks, and whenever I hear it, I cannot help but sing it.

"I only love it when you touch me, not feel me..." I sing passionately.

"When I'm fucked up, that's the real me. When I'm fucked up, that's the real me, yeah." A deep voice sings.

I jump, and I turn around and see Dr. Rian smiling at me. My veins are also on alert, tingling with a powerful lust because he has such a pretty singing voice. Once again, every vein in my body is now rushing with adrenaline, and my heart thumps so hard that I can feel it in my throat. 

"This is one of my favorite songs, you have great taste in music." He tells me, and I sigh.

"Jesus, you scared me." I exhale, holding a hand to my chest to feel my speedy heartbeat.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to." He says sarcastically, and I smirk.

"Hey! I could've had a heart attack, and then I'd have to be rolled over to a cardiology." I say jokingly.

We both laugh, and I lay back in bed, texting Xiu.

Alex: hey Xiu

Xiu: haaaaaaaayyyy

Alex: ugh I just want to get out of the hospital, but i don't want to go back to my mom.

Xiu: you'd have to eventually, sorry if that doesn't make u feel better

Alex: I kno, I kno. We should have a sleepover soon. Idk what we'd do, considering the fact that I'll be on crutches.

Xiu: hell yeh! I'll ask my parents when it's okay for u to come over. If ur mom pisses u off, u can just come over

Alex: thanks

I come back from my speed texting when I feel Dr. Rian's hands, removing my IV. That electric shock courses through my body again when I feel his smooth skin. The sudden skin to skin contact that we've been having always makes my skin come alive, and the spot that he touched would remain pulsing for a while. 

"You don't need any medicine through IV, anymore. You'll have some pills for the pain, okay?"

"Got it." I smile.

I really don't need to be in the hospital anymore, but I'm staying by choice. I don't want to go back home to my mom, and I don't know if anybody else will take me into their place. I wouldn't want to burden Xiu or Savannah's parents by practically moving in with them, but at the same time, going home to my mother is pretty much a death sentence. 

"Dr. Rian, I know that I don't need to stay here anymore, but I have nowhere to go." I admit.

My mother is still a maniac, and there's no way that I'm going to go back unless she miraculously pulls through and looks genuine about wanting to repair out relationship and take me home. The possibility of that happen is very rare. 

"Wouldn't your friends Xiu and Savannah help you with that?" He asks curiously, arching an eyebrow.

"It would be up to their parents, and I don't know if they'd be okay with me moving in with them." I admit.