Chapter 13

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

"I really need to hang out with you guys again, it's been a while." I whine into my phone.

I'm talking to Xiu, and she is currently with Savannah. I can hear Savannah agreeing in the background, and I smile because I like how she's always in a cheerful mood. The two of them always have my back through thick and thin, which is something I'll always be grateful for. 

"Come and get me." I say. "I just need a break from all of this."

"Okay, what's Dr. Rian's address?" Xiu asks.

I tell her the address, and she tells me that she'll be here soon. I get out of my pajamas and into an outfit. After a couple of weeks, I finally got my splint off, and so I'm limping around now. I don't really wear my brace like I'm supposed to. 

That's something that Dr. Rian frowns upon, but I can't stand the brace. I know it's supposed to help my knee, but for me, it feels restricting and actually hurts a bit, so I tend not to wear it that much. Besides, Dr. Rian has been checking my knee daily, and regardless of my lack of wearing the brace, I'm still recovering. 

After a while of waiting, I see the headlights of Xiu's car, and I make my way down the stairs. I look around, and I don't see Dr. Rian on the couch, and I accidentally run into Bruno. He's slightly startled by my sudden appearance since I've been upstairs for most of the day, but once he realizes that it's just me, he walks over in my direction. 

He pouts, and I smile at him before crouching down to pet him.

"It's okay, Bruno. I'll be back," I say quietly. "Eventually."

I can faintly hear the horn honk outside, and I kiss Bruno before I walk out of the flat. I sit in the passenger seat, and Savannah taps on my shoulder. I look at her, and a card falls in my lap. There's a picture of me on it, and then I notice that there's a date as well as some other information. 

"The hell is this?" I ask.

"Fake ID." Xiu and Savannah say simultaneously.

"And why did you make me a fake ID?" I ask, looking at the ID with furrowed eyebrows.

"I made all of ours, and because Xiu and I found this club that isn't too far from here." She cheers enthusiastically.

"So we're sneaking into a nightclub...why?" I ask.

"I just want to let loose tonight, and plus you said that you needed a break from reality." Savannah explains. 

I look at Xiu, who has an amused grin spread across her face. Her hair is perfectly straight, and she has on a leather mini dress that's considerably short, and she has on sky high heels. Savannah has on a red mini dress that looks like it's so tight that she could barely move in it.

"I'm going back to my place so I can get you a dress." Xiu informs me.

We arrive at her house, and Savannah places me in front of Xiu's vanity. Make up is applied on my face, and I have on a leopard mini dress that barely covers my butt, and my hair is slightly wavy. I'm given a pair of Xiu's high heels, and I put them on and we all walk to her car. One of the things that the orthopedic doctor recommended was that I try not to wear heels or engage in something that's very physical, yet here I am.