Chapter 55

RIAN POV

2 Weeks Later

September 30th, 1991. The day I was born, twenty five years ago.

I still cannot believe that I've went through twenty five years of living. The memories of my past birthdays play in my mind, and I smile as I think of my father.

I can still imagine seeing his face, and that wide smile he always had as he watched me try to guess whatever was wrapped and watching me enthusiastically open my gifts. My mother would wear that same smile, and she would hold onto my father's arm while they watched me.

Coping with his death has been pretty difficult. Ever since the night of the funeral, and after the sex Alex and I had, the reality came back and punched me right in the gut the next morning. We stayed at the mansion for a couple more days, and everyone seemed to have fallen into a dark hole.

I try not to think about him, but when I do, only the happy memories play in my mind. I like to think that he's in heaven, watching over us with a smile on his face.

I'm definitely going to continue to make him proud.

Suddenly, I see Bruno rushing through the bedroom door and jumps onto the bed. He wags his tail excitedly before he licks my face. I smile and I play with his rolls of fat on his body before hugging him.

"Thanks buddy." I chuckle, and he barks loudly into my ear.

I see Alex standing in the doorway watching Bruno and I. She wears one of my button up shirts, and she has it unbuttoned so that her breasts are exposed. She wears a pair of lacy underwear as well, and she smiles as she walks over to me.

Alex kisses my lips, and they taste like chocolate cake batter. My fingers run through her hair, and I giggle when she presses her lips against my neck.

"Good morning." I say, and my voice is husky and rough sounding.

"Happy birthday." Alex smiles, and she gives me another kiss.

"What're you doing up so early?" I ask.

"Come on! I have a surprise for you! Alex squeals, and she pulls on my arm.

"Come on, baby. Can't the birthday boy get his rest?" I ask through a yawn, and she giggles.

"No, I really want you to see what I did!" Alex whines, and I laugh.

"Alright, alright." I groan.

Alex groans as she pulls on my arm, and she struggles to lift my weight from the bed.

"God damn, you're heavy." Alex says, and she groans.

"Either I'm heavy, or you have weak arms." I jokingly say.

"Hey, I used to lift girls in the air for cheerleading, Rian." Alex says.

I finally stand up, and I stretch out my arms. My shirt rises up, and Alex begins to tickle my sides. I break out into hysterics as she tickles me. I reach over to tickle her, but she screams and backs away from me.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Don't tickle me!" Alex begs.

I give her a mischievous grin, and she shrieks before running away. I maniacally laugh as I chase after her, and when we're in the kitchen, I stop in my tracks as I notice that everything has been decorated.