Chapter 67

RIAN POV

A couple of days later, Alex is finally being released from the hospital. I packed all of her things in a bag for her while she was breastfeeding Rosie.

"I'm gonna run out of milk soon, Rosie." Alex jokingly says, and I chuckle.

"She's still drinking?" I ask in shock, because she's been breastfeeding for nearly twenty minutes.

"Maybe this is normal for babies to drink this much. She does need nourishment, so I guess it doesn't bother me." Alex says.

I walk over to where she stands, giving her a small kiss. We share a glance, and it seems so much different than any other glance we've had before. The reality is still sinking in that we're parents, and there's a look of complete trust and dependence on her face.

We're both relying on each other now more than ever. We cannot fail at being parents, but I know that mistakes are inevitable. Somehow, the look that we share is ended as Rosie begins to fuss once Alex removes her tiny mouth from her breast.

"Shh," Alex says softly, caressing Rosie's cheeks.

"I've got all your stuff packed." I say, and she smiles.

"Thank you."

I throw the bag over my shoulder, and Alex follows me as we walk out of the hospital. I reach behind me so that Alex can grab my hand, and that warmth spread through the my palm. I look back, and she smiles at me before looking into Rosie's eyes.

The dark brown is identical to Alex's eyes, but they're much bigger. Her large eyes seem to take up half of her face because they're so big, and they resemble two pools of dark chocolate. Rosie looks up, extremely curious as to what is around us.

Her tiny little hand peeks out from the blanket, and she wavers before she begins to reach out for something. I realize that she's trying to reach out for one of us, and my large finger is soon imprisoned by her grasp.

"Aww, she's holding onto your finger." Alex says, and her smile is still as gorgeous as I remember.

This is what I want.

I want to look into their eyes and feel like I'm at home.

That's exactly everything that I feel.

Before her, I never felt like I was at home in any of my relationships. We just never reached that level of comfort and trust with each other. Alex and I definitely have that.

That's why I'm marrying her.

We drive home, and I see a few pink balloons in the kitchen and some gifts are on the counter. Alex and I look at each other, and she has furrowed eyebrows.

"How did someone manage to get in our house and leave this here? Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they left us a gift." Alex says, and I nod.

I notice a small sticky note on one of the gifts, and I look at the cursive writing carefully, and it doesn't take long to realize that it's Vanessa's handwriting.

To celebrate the new life that you've brought into the world. I hope you two enjoy this gift!

I smile, and I unwrap it carefully. Inside, I see multiple baby outfits. There's about 50 Shades of Pink, and no other color. I also see a pacifier and a digital baby monitor.