Chapter 40

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

Warning: Prepare yourselves. ;)

4 Weeks Later

I open my eyes, squinting as the brightness of my phone screen blinds me. My body is heavy with fatigue, and my vision finally fixes itself so that I'm able to read what's on the screen.

Xiu: hey, you want to come over later? I invited Savannah too.

Alex: sure, I'm up for it. I really need to talk to you guys about something, too.

After I put my phone down, I turn on my other side, expecting to see Rian next to me, but it's just Bruno.

Ever since the party, Rian and I haven't been doing so great. We've been more distant, and it's killing me because I want to fix it, but I don't really know how to go about it without getting extremely angry.

Rian should've stood up for me, instead of telling me to stay calm. Rian definitely shouldn't have sided with them, either. Just the thought of it makes me fueled with anger.

Kassandra definitely didn't have any right to say that Rian deserves better, and I'm not feeling the slightest regret for fighting her. The little bitch deserved it, and Austin deserved even worse.

I'm sure if Rian had an ex who used him for a sexual experience and then left him, I'm sure he wouldn't deal with it so well either. I guess I'm discovering another side of my boyfriend.

The hypocritical side.

Rian told me to keep my anger in, but when he was near Austin at the party, his temper immediately flared.

I'm realizing that it's the first actual argument that we've had in our relationship, and the thought makes my stomach drop every time. I don't want something like this to split us up, but the way Rian looked at me after taking me away from Kassandra was a look that'll stay ingrained in my head.

His eyes were so stern, and the way he glowered at me makes me believe that he's not sure if I'm the woman he wants to be with. Not only did I embarrass him, but now he thinks that I'm going to accuse him of not supporting me.

We still sleep in the same bed at night, but the warmth isn't there anymore. The idea of our love fading all because of an ex of mine makes me sick to my stomach, and there's no way in hell that I'll let Austin tear my relationship apart.

I drag myself off of the bed, and I take a brief shower and I let the water cover my body as all of the negative thoughts swirl around in my brain. The aroma of food flows through the vent, and I can picture Rian standing in front of the stove shirtless as he makes us both something to eat on the morning. After I get out of the shower, I stare myself directly in the eyes through the mirror before getting dressed.

I walk down the stairs, and my keys jingle in my hand as I walk towards the door. Rian looks over his shoulder and he stops in front of me which causes my heartbeat to accelerate.

 Rian looks over his shoulder and he stops in front of me which causes my heartbeat to accelerate