Chapter 58

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

A couple of mornings later, I remember to call Xiu. Rian is still asleep in the bed, resting peacefully underneath the blankets. I walk over to where he is, running my fingers through his messy hair while he sleeps while waiting for Xiu to answer.

Rian's face looks so serene and peaceful while he sleeps that it causes a smile to creep on my face. His disheveled chocolate brown hair creates a fuzzy halo on his forehead, and his thick lips are parted.

As I look at him, the memories flow through my mind of when we first met. I remember how he fell asleep with me after he stopped me from having a one night stand with that man at the club.

I had woken up before he did, and I couldn't wipe that stupid smile on my face when I saw that he fell asleep next to me. Shortly, I had fallen asleep again because I didn't want him to catch me ogling at him.

Suddenly, I'm broken from my thoughts when I can hear people talking in the background.

"Hey!" Xiu exclaims, and I smile.

"Hey, how's your day?" I ask, and she sighs.

"It's going okay so far. What about you? I know you have to tell Rian's family about the baby."

"I already did that. They were all really happy for the both of us, and they're all ecstatic about it." I inform her, and I can picture her smiling.

"Soooo," Xiu sing songs. "Do you guys know the gender yet?"

I wish.

Rian says that he doesn't care about the gender of our baby, but I can just tell that he's praying for a little boy. Rian's going to teach the little boy how to be exactly like him when it comes to chivalry and a plethora of other things that Rian is amazing at.

That little boy would definitely be a mini clone of Rian, and I wouldn't have a problem with that. I'd rather have him follow his father's footsteps than go on a different path and disobey us.

I honestly don't care about the gender. As long as we have a healthy and happy baby, that's all that matters.

"No, I looked it up online. I don't find that out for a while." I sigh.

"How long is a while?" Xiu asks.

"I won't find out until I'm about sixteen to twenty weeks along, I'm only about four weeks. We've just got to be patient and wait." I say, and she groans.

"Ugh, I can't wait that long." She groans, and I chuckle.

"Okay, but who's the one who has to carry this baby for nine months?" I ask, and she doesn't answer.

"Right, my bad." Xiu says, and I smile.

"It's totally fine, Xiu. Anyway, how've you been? Has anything interesting happened at NYU?" I curiously ask.

I've been craving some information.

"Where do I even begin? Before I even got to the university, I met this guy on the street who saved my life and—" Xiu rapidly explains, but I stop her.

"What do you mean he saved your life?"

"I walked out into traffic and almost got hit with a taxi, but then someone grabbed me and pulled me back on the sidewalk." Xiu says.

"Nice," I say sarcastically.

"Hey! You know I'm not the most cautious." Xiu says defensively, and I chuckle.