Chapter 43

ALEXANDRIANNA POV

"This was when he was only seven years old, and he was playing with a toy that we got him for Christmas." Emmanuelle says, handing me the photo.

"Awww! He looks so cute!" I say, smiling at the picture.

After the enjoyable and slightly nerve wrecking brunch, we drove back home to their mansion. Rian never took his eyes off of me, and I couldn't wipe my smirk off of my face.

I deliberately wanted to tempt him, but I didn't think that he'd do it to me.

I really was nervous for no reason because the brunch went very well, and I'm more than just satisfied with what happened.

I've been viewing pictures of Rian for the last twenty minutes with his mother, while Rian and his father are casually talking in the kitchen.

"He was a beautiful little boy. With those big blue eyes and those dimples, it seemed difficult to even discipline him because he looked so sweet and innocent." Emmanuelle says, and I smile.

"You're a wonderful mother, Mrs. Peterson." I say while looking at her.

"Thank you, dear." She says, and continues to flip through her photo album.

She gasps before laughing and taking out another picture of him, and hysterical giggles erupt from me.

"This was when he was potty training, he hated it." Emmanuelle says, and we both laugh.

Rian's lips are pouted, and he looks like he's about to cry in the picture.

"Aww," I say through a laugh. "How adorable."

"What's going on in here?" Rian suddenly asks from behind me, and I jump out of my skin.

"Jesus! Don't scare me like that." I say, placing a hand over my faulty heartbeat.

"We're just looking at the pictures I took of you over the years, sweetheart." Emmanuelle says, and Rian's cheeks instantly turn cherry red.

"Mom, no! Don't show her those, they're awful." Rian protests, and I laugh.

"You must be delusional if you think that those pictures are awful, baby." I say, playfully pinching his cheek.

"Rian, how could you think that? These pictures are beautiful." Emmanuelle says, and Rian shakes his head.

"No, no, no! Mom, just put them away."

"You don't want to reminisce with us, honey?" She asks, and Rian groans before sitting next to me.

"Fine." Rian grumbles, and I giggle.

"Alexandrianna?" Daniel says, and my head snaps back at him.

Daniel beckons me to the kitchen, and I rise to my feet while slowly approaching him. Once I'm in the kitchen, he takes out two mugs and fills them up with water from the refrigerator.

"Thanks." I say, and I sip the refreshing water.

"We appreciate you and Rian making it down for brunch with us. I know you must be very busy with school, and Rian is always packed with work." Daniel says.

"It's no problem. I was nervous, but really looking forward to seeing you guys again. It's been a while since the party, and Rian was itching to see you guys, especially you."